|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Today's featured list page.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3|
@Giants2008: Would it be possible to remove List of Interstate Highways in Washington from the queue? I was hoping to nominate it for a time-specific slot in September 2023 to coincide with an anniversary. SounderBruce 23:28, 23 May 2022 (UTC)
- I'll swap it out the next time I go to schedule a list (probably on Friday). Giants2008 (Talk) 00:22, 24 May 2022 (UTC)
- @Giants2008: Once again, I'd like to request that List of Interstate Highways in Washington be held until September 15, 2023 (the 30th anniversary of the system's completion). SounderBruce 02:31, 8 June 2023 (UTC)
TFL March 6th scheduling for List of Symphyotrichum species
@Giants2008: Would it be possible to reschedule the TFL of List of Symphyotrichum species from March 6th to late August or early September? I ask because nearly all species in this genus bloom in North American late summer and autumn (August through November, depending on location and weather). – Elizabeth (Eewilson) (tag or ping me) (talk) 22:33, 19 February 2023 (UTC)
- @Eewilson: No problem. Sorry I haven't been able to respond here or on my talk page (things have gotten crazy for me in real life lately), but I'll pick another list for the March 6 spot next time I get a chance. I was going to do it today, but I had to instead fill a hole for the March 10 slot. It will be done soon, though. Hopefully I'll remember this in August/September. Giants2008 (Talk) 01:22, 21 February 2023 (UTC)
Currently, there are 15 listed submissions for TFL. The page says
there should be no more than fifteen nominations listed here at any one time (emphasis included), so should we enforce this cap strictly? And if so, do we remove existing submissions or new ones as they appear? RunningTiger123 (talk) 01:53, 25 April 2023 (UTC)
- I feel like the List of Coppa Italia finals should be removed from the submissions list because the nominator has not written a proper blurb if the list gets posted on the Main Page. Furthermore, the nominator has not proposed an alternative date for the list since he also suggested that List of Italy national football team hat-tricks be posted on May 15. He wants it on May 26, but having two football/soccer related lists close to one another seems a bit awkward. There should at least be some variety in lists per month.
- Also, he nominated List of international goals scored by Haasan Maatouk for a Main Page appearance for January 27, but that date has passed. In addition, the blurb is written in two paragraphs unlike the normal standard one paragraph. I'd suggest that nomination be also removed until he revises the blurb or agrees on having the blurb modified by one of us experienced nominators.
- Finally, Chompy Ace has been nominating lists to appear on the Main Page quite a lot. In fact, a few of them are for dates more than six months into the future (and one of them is for May 2024, or one full year). I feel like there should be a cap on the number of nominations per user AND that submissions for specific dates should be posted only for a six-month range. I had to post up a blurb for the 76th Academy Awards since I was afraid that Chompy Ace might nominate too many lists and I might miss the intended 20 year gap between ceremonies (i.e. The 76th ceremony being posted in relation to the 96th ceremony). That's just my two cents.
- -- 08:02, 25 April 2023 (UTC)
- I think that proposing a time limit for submissions is reasonable – hopefully, limiting how far in advance submissions can be added would also limit how many a specific person adds? I'd also be curious to hear from Chompy Ace about their submissions. RunningTiger123 (talk) 03:23, 28 April 2023 (UTC)
- Agreed so it can be reduced to 2010s-esque process. Also, I have reduced to eleven submissions, including ones for two removed by me. Chompy Ace 08:43, 28 April 2023 (UTC)