Wikipedia talk:File upload wizard
This is not the page to ask for help or test edits.
To make test edits, please use the Sandbox. For other help, please see our main help page.
|To help centralise discussions and keep related topics together, MediaWiki talk:FileUploadWizard.js redirects here.|
|On 20 December 2022, it was proposed that this page be moved from Wikipedia:File Upload Wizard to Wikipedia:File upload wizard. The result of the discussion was moved.|
Proposed edit to prose on "historical portrait of a person no longer alive" rationale
As discussed elsewhere, I propose changing the prose below for clarity:
current: "We will typically not use a file if its owner has a potential commercial interest in its use, and if our use of it would compete with its original market role."
proposed: "We will not use a file if its owner has a commercial interest in its use (e.g., Corbis, Gettys, or any stock image agency), and if our use of it, even at lower resolution, competes with its original market role".
It seems like any Gettys image won't be permitted, so we might as well be direct about it. Reagle (talk) 20:15, 5 December 2022 (UTC)
- Agreed. A lot of the people using the file upload wizard will be new users and may not be familiar with Wikipedia's rules regarding copyright. It should be spelled out as plainly as possible that images from sources such as Getty and AP will be removed The Midnite Wolf (talk) 06:45, 20 March 2023 (UTC)
Requested move 20 December 2022
- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review after discussing it on the closer's talk page. No further edits should be made to this discussion.
The result of the move request was: moved. per consensus. Will submit request to WP:RMTR now. (closed by non-admin page mover) echidnaLives - talk - edits 01:12, 28 December 2022 (UTC)
Wikipedia:File Upload Wizard → Wikipedia:File upload wizard – I don't see any reason for this to be capitalised. This would also be consistent with Wikipedia:Article wizard and most other projectspace pages. Tol (talk | contribs) @ 23:43, 20 December 2022 (UTC)
- Support per nom. ModernDayTrilobite (talk • contribs) 15:28, 23 December 2022 (UTC)
- Support as standard, it could be argued like Main Page its a specific upload wizard so should be capitalized but to be consistent with others it probably shouldn't. Crouch, Swale (talk) 18:50, 24 December 2022 (UTC)
- @UtherSRG: I added protection on the page you moved, as it has 60000+ inbound links to it, please watch for things like that. — xaosflux Talk 11:48, 29 December 2022 (UTC)
- Also, this left behind system messages (such as MediaWiki:Sidebar with a redirect, please also check for those and clean up when moving special pages like this next time. — xaosflux Talk 11:51, 29 December 2022 (UTC)
Why uploading a non-free file linking to same page
When I click at upload a non-free file, it leads to same page, Please fix it?@User:Nthep Chennai Super Kings Lover (talk) Chennai Super Kings Lover (talk) 07:32, 20 February 2023 (UTC)
- Not sure why you've pinged me specifically but what exactly are you seeing and why do you think that is a problem? The wizard appears to be working correctly when I try it. Nthep (talk) 09:52, 22 February 2023 (UTC)
I'm having the same problem Gerçois (talk) 12:27, 22 February 2023 (UTC)
I'm on mobile in Samsung internet browser when i click to upload a non-free file it just reloads the the same page Gerçois (talk) 12:05, 23 February 2023 (UTC)
- Yes, unfortunately the wizard doesn't work on mobile. We should really create an alternative mobile-friendly interface some time (but I haven't had any time nor know-how to do that). Fut.Perf. ☼ 12:55, 23 February 2023 (UTC)
- i tried using my pc on the firefox browser and i still have the same prblem
- can you sent me the direct link to non free upload wizard Gerçois (talk) 12:52, 24 February 2023 (UTC)
- But few months ago, it worked in mobile too. Can someone fix it!Chennai Super Kings Lover (talk)