Wikipedia:WikiProject Accessibility/Resources and references
Introduction to accessibility
- Introduction to Web Accessibility, WebAIM
- AssistiveWare videos on computer accessibility
- Victor Tsaran: "An Introduction to Screen Readers", Yahoo!
- Karo Caran: "An Introduction to Screen Magnification Software", Yahoo!
- How to Meet WCAG 2.0, A customizable quick reference to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 requirements (success criteria) and techniques
- WebAIM's WCAG 2.0 Checklist
- Involving Users in Evaluating Web Accessibility, pay attention to the high numbers of cautions: one should be very cautious when evaluating accessibility. It's a delicate job.
Tools for testing accessibility and assistive technologies
- Firebug, extension for Firefox (HTML code examination, CSS, JS and DOM)
- Web developer toolbar for Firefox
- Evaluation toolbar for IE (dedicated to accessibility)
- Evaluation toolbar for Opera (dedicated to accessibility)
- Color contrast analyser
- navigateur texte Lynx (for Windows)
For instructions on how to test with a screen reader, see Testing with Screen Readers: Questions and Answers, WebAIM.
- JAWS (Windows), see also JAWS (screen reader) and Using JAWS to Evaluate Web Accessibility, WebAIM
- NVDA (Windows), see also NonVisual Desktop Access and Using NVDA to Evaluate Web Accessibility, WebAIM
- Conformance Evaluation of Web Sites for Accessibility, W3C
- Involving Users in Evaluating Web Accessibility, W3C
- Survey of Preferences of Screen Readers Users, WebAIM, where Wikipedia ranked third in the list of preferred websites.
- v:Wiki Resources/Accessibility, a check-list of accessibility criteria. Possibly outdated.