How this works: If you want to improve an article, but you don't know what sources to use or how or where to find them, ask a question here. Try to be specific about the article or subject you're working on and link to it if possible. Mention what kind of access to libraries you have, as what source you use might depend on what source you can actually get. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
In the right place?
If you are looking to get access to specific sources:
If you are looking for answers to general questions:
Please let me say 1000kgs of maize makes how many KGS after being processed
Hope you are all doing well.
I'm writing because I'd like to add information to wikipedia.org
I am new to adding content so am starting by asking you for guidance before starting in with changes.
1) I'd like to add a new person, Martin Lynch (fur trader) in Oneida county, Wisconsin
2) I'd like to add a new category, Wisconsin fur traders [I see an existing "Canadian fur traders" group so want to make new one specifically for Wisconsin]
3) I'd like to add the new "Wisconsin fur traders" category to the 'People from Wisconsin by occupation' group in the Wisconsin portal.
- I'm assuming the best way to do all 3 things is in the order they are listed 1), 2), then 3). Correct?
- Do you have instructions/guidance of any sort for adding a new page (for 'Martin Lynch')? [I've tried adding pages before and they were deleted so I must have missed some steps]
- Do you have a 'person' template that I can use? [I like the format of this person https://wiki.alquds.edu/?query=John_Baptiste_DuBay where it has the personal stats and pic on the right-hand-side of the page]. Or should I just go in and take a copy of that source for that page and then modify it for Martin Lynch?
- Do you have instructions of any sort for adding a new category (Wisconsin fur traders)?
- Add Martin Lynch to 'People by county' on the portal page
- Add Martin Lynch (fur trader) to the 'People from Wisconsin by occupation' on the portal page
Thank you for your time!!
--Royalal (talk) 18:19, 25 May 2022 (UTC)
- This page provides an overview of the basics of creating an article.
- There is a template here that you can copy.
- This page has some information about categories, although you might need more.
- The Wisconsin WikiProject seems to be largely dormant; you could propose those changes on the portal talk page, or just make the changes yourself. Nikkimaria (talk) 01:49, 26 May 2022 (UTC)
--18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:43, 7 July 2022 (UTC)