Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/November 20
November 20: Zumbi Day in Brazil, Revolution Day in Mexico, Teacher's Day in Vietnam.
- 284 - Diocletian became Roman Emperor.
- 1700 - Great Northern War: Forces led by King Charles XII of Sweden defeated the Russian army of Tsar Peter the Great in the Battle of Narva.
- 1910 - Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero (pictured) promulgated the San Luis Plan, starting a revolt against President Porfirio Díaz.
- 1945 - The Nuremberg Trials against 24 leading Nazi war criminals involved in World War II and the Holocaust began in Nuremberg, Germany.
- 1998 - Zarya, the first module of the International Space Station, was launched on a Proton rocket from Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan.
Recent days: November 19 – November 18 – November 17