Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/StarryNightSky11
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a request for adminship that did not succeed. Please do not modify it.
Final (0/4/0); ended per WP:NOTNOW by — kashmīrī TALK at 09:44, 9 December 2022 (UTC)
StarryNightSky11 (talk · contribs) – StarryNightSky11 ☎ 23:01, 8 December 2022 (UTC)
Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve Wikipedia as an administrator. Please answer these questions to provide guidance for participants:
- 1. Why are you interested in becoming an administrator?
- A: I have been a Wikipedian for almost 2 years and I feel I have gained a lot of experience from editing here, I really enjoy helping improve the project and believe that by being an administrator that I can make even more of a contribution to Wikipedia.
- 2. What are your best contributions to Wikipedia, and why?
- A: I generally monitor the recent changes page and filter edits by likely bad faith / likely have problems and then review the edits and make a reversion if necessary.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: I was blocked 15 months ago for edit warring, however I have took time to focus on improving myself and I try to take any conflicts to discussion on the relevant article talk page or walk away temporarily to de-stress and then come back with a clear head to make the best possible action.
You may ask optional questions below. There is a limit of two questions per editor. Multi-part questions disguised as one question, with the intention of evading the limit, are disallowed. Follow-up questions relevant to questions you have already asked are allowed.
- Links for StarryNightSky11: StarryNightSky11 (talk · contribs · deleted · count · AfD · logs · block log · lu · rfar · rfc · spi)
- Edit summary usage for StarryNightSky11 can be found here.
Please keep discussion constructive and civil. If you are unfamiliar with the nominee, please thoroughly review their contributions before commenting.
- Oppose no significant content creation whatsoever Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 08:26, 9 December 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose While I highly commend wanting to become an administrator, you do not have the experience at the moment. In the past year, you have made just 235 edits. Only about 70 edits have been made to the Wikipedia: space, an area which is a large part of admin work, and you have made no significant contributions in terms of content creation. I would recommend you work on becoming more active, working more in the maintenance areas of the site, writing a good article or two, and maybe in a year or so try again and possibly you'll succeed. Thanks, echidnaLives - talk - edits 08:47, 9 December 2022 (UTC).
- Oppose Great to see the enthusiasm and I’ve no problem with relatively new editors becoming admins, but it’s clear the candidate doesn’t yet have the experience we’d need to make their adminship useful to the project. Please consider applying again in a year once you’ve learned more about how things work. Mccapra (talk) 08:58, 9 December 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose The candidate is clearly passionate and enthusiastic, but I don't consider them to be ready for adminship. The candidate appears to have created zero pages according to X Tools and no GAs/DYKs, their most edited page, FIFA 22, mainly involve relatively light changes, e.g., this. Additionally, I am concerned that the candidate does not have sufficient experience in deletion. They have edited only 70 times in projectspace and have not participated in any AfD discussion, nor appear to have significant experience in PRODs/CSDs/AfC/NPP... While, if given the mop, I'm assuming that the candidate will mainly focus on counter-vandalism, deletion is still a key part of adminship, which I am unfortunately not confident that the candidate has sufficient experience. Moreover, anti-vandalism work is decent (17 edits to AIV is passable, and recent contribs show some reverts using Twinkle), but relatively inconsistent, the candidate has only edited 200 times this year, which is quite low, including just 10 last month, which is too low, and I'm also unsure how the candidate would handle blocks and pages protection. Hence, due to the lack of content creation, lack of demonstrated understanding of deletion and notability policies, and inconsistent edit activity (along with a low edit count, edit counts aren't everything but 2,200 edits are certailny inadequate), I can't support the candidate. So maybe next time, but right now IMO the candidate is sadly unready. VickKiang (talk) 09:38, 9 December 2022 (UTC)
- Can someone speedy close this mistaken request so as not to waste people's time? — kashmīrī TALK 09:37, 9 December 2022 (UTC)
- The above adminship discussion is preserved as an archive of the discussion. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the talk page of either this nomination or the nominated user). No further edits should be made to this page.