Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/NASCARfan0548
- The following discussion is preserved as an archive of a request for adminship that did not succeed. Please do not modify it.
Final (1/6/0); ended 20:33, 14 January 2021 (UTC) per WP:NOTNOW Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 20:33, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
NASCARfan0548 (talk · contribs) – NASCARfan0548 is a user who joined Wikipedia in 2019. They have shown dedication to wanting to become an administrator for a while now. To my knowledge, they have not edited for money. They have helped a lot! They have over 15,000 edits. They can also show the right way to use the tools given to them. In all, they fit the character of an administrator which is why they deserve this position. — Preceding unsigned comment added by SoyokoAnis (talk • contribs) 14:00, January 14, 2021 (UTC)
- Candidate, please indicate acceptance of the nomination here: NASCARfan0548 ↗ 20:18, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve Wikipedia as an administrator. Please answer these questions to provide guidance for participants:
- 1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
- A: I intend on blocking vandals and trolls from editing Wikipedia when I notice a lot of vandalism on a random page.
- 2. What are your best contributions to Wikipedia, and why?
- A: My best contributions on Wikipedia are on roads and motorsport because those are my interests.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: Back in May 2020, I had a big conflict on my talk page. I dealt with it by not creating small articles anymore. I will deal with conflicts by following directions by other editors. NASCARfan0548 ↗ 19:29, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
You may ask optional questions below. There is a limit of two questions per editor. Multi-part questions disguised as one question, with the intention of evading the limit, are disallowed. Follow-up questions relevant to questions you have already asked are allowed.
- Links for NASCARfan0548: NASCARfan0548 (talk · contribs · deleted · count · AfD · logs · block log · lu · rfar · rfc · spi)
- Edit summary usage for NASCARfan0548 can be found here.
Please keep discussion constructive and civil. If you are unfamiliar with the nominee, please thoroughly review his contributions before commenting.
- Support User has learned from their previous mistakes and is experienced enough. SK2242 (talk) 20:20, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose - being unable/unwilling to listen to more experienced editors, not really understanding why we require administrators. Several thousand edits does not just grant the user administrator rights. Despite being warned (several times) that this would not be a suitable journey, they've done it anyway. I can't back any user that can't listen to the community. Best Wishes, Lee Vilenski (talk • contribs) 20:24, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
I will deal with conflicts by following directions by other editors.From looking at User talk:NASCARfan0548#Adminship Nomination Request, it is clear that is not accurate. -- Tavix (talk) 20:24, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose. A scroll through this user's talk page archives demonstrates an unwillingness to listen to feedback, as well as a history of concerning behavior, e.g. complaints of edit stalking, problematic article creation, and accepting an RfA nomination against the advice of experienced editors. Mz7 (talk) 20:30, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose - sorry but far too inexperienced. GiantSnowman 20:31, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose per Tavix and Mz7 above. warmly, ezlev. talk 20:32, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose I have no confidence that they will listen to others and giving them the block button in particular would be a detriment to Wikipedia.-- P-K3 (talk) 20:32, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- I'm not even going to oppose. NASCARfan0548, please heed the emphatic advise given on your talk page and shut this down before it hurts. --Elmidae (talk · contribs) 20:31, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- The above adminship discussion is preserved as an archive of the discussion. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as the talk page of either this nomination or the nominated user). No further edits should be made to this page.