Wikipedia:General sanctions/Armenia and Azerbaijan
|This page is a log for a community-authorised general sanctions editing restriction. It is used to record pages protected and sanctions imposed under that regime, as specified below. Changes to this page must adhere to the general sanctions procedure.|
A community discussion at the administrators' noticeboard has placed all pages with content related to Armenia, Azerbaijan, or related ethnic conflicts, broadly interpreted, under the extended confirmed restriction, effective 03:50, 3 January 2023 (UTC).
Extended confirmed restriction: only extended-confirmed editors may make edits related to the topic area, subject to the following provisions:
- A. The restriction applies to all edits and pages related to the topic area, broadly construed, with the following exceptions:
- 1. Non-extended-confirmed editors may use the "Talk:" namespace to post constructive comments and make edit requests related to articles within the topic area, provided they are not disruptive. Should disruption occur on "Talk:" pages, administrators may take enforcement actions described in "B" or "C" below. However, non-extended-confirmed editors may not make edits to internal project discussions related to the topic area, even within the "Talk:" namespace. Internal project discussions include, but are not limited to, AfDs, WikiProjects, RfCs, RMs, and noticeboard discussions.
- 2. Non-extended-confirmed editors may not create new articles, but administrators may exercise discretion when deciding how to enforce this remedy on article creations. Deletion of new articles created by non-extended-confirmed editors is permitted but not required.
- B. If a page (other than a "Talk:" page) mostly or entirely relates to the topic area, broadly construed, this restriction is preferably enforced through extended confirmed protection, though this is not required.
- C. On any page where the restriction is not enforced through extended confirmed protection, this restriction may be enforced by other methods, including page protection, reverts, blocks, the use of pending changes, and appropriate edit filters.
- D. Reverts made solely to enforce this restriction are not considered edit warring.
Separate from the above community-imposed restriction, the Arbitration Committee has designated this topic a contentious topic. See Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration/Armenia-Azerbaijan 2 for more information.
Page level sanctions
- Zangezur corridor is extended-confirmed creation-protected indefinitely by HJ Mitchell.
- Armenian genocide is extended-confirmed protected indefinitely by Daniel Case
- Republic of Artsakh is extended-confirmed protected indefinitely by Rosguill
- Azerbaijani Legion is extended-confirmed protected indefinitely by Rosguill
- N1C4T97 blocked 1 week for violating Remedy A at Azerbaijani Legion, 3 hours after having received a notice about it on their user talk page. signed, Rosguill talk 22:47, 21 March 2023 (UTC)