Wikipedia:Featured article review/FASA
The Featured Article Save Award (FASA) is an award given to users who have worked to bring featured articles back to featured article standards after the article was nominated at featured article review (FAR). Its purpose is to recognise the hard work that editors have put into saving featured articles from demotion.
After an article is closed at FAR as "Kept", anyone may nominate editors for a FASA. Nominated editors must meet the following criteria:
- The article was nominated at FAR, and subsequently closed as "Kept" (see FAR archive).
- The editor made substantial improvements to the article while it was at FAR; this award is not given to reviewers, but to editors who actually improved the article during its review.
- The editor was not the original FAC nominator, as FAC nominators are expected to continuously maintain articles they nominated.
- The editor has not declined consideration for the award.
Discussion on who should receive the FASA will take place on the FAR's talk page. The FAR coordinators will determine consensus and bestow the award.
- Hawkeye7 for Hanford Site (FASA discussion).
- KJP1 and Vami IV for Belton House (FASA discussion).
- Firefangledfeathers for Heian Palace (FASA discussion).
- Aza24 and Caeciliusinhorto for Diocletian (FASA discussion).
How to nominate
Upon an FAR's closure as keep, any editor can open a new nomination on the FAR's talk page. Please also wikilink the discussion above so new editors can participate in the discussion. You may consider notifying the most relevant WikiProjects (noted on the FAR page) of the nomination: sample here.
Discussion should focus on how much editors contributed to the article, and not the quality of the contributions. There are many aspects of a featured article and substantial help to return an article to FA standards should be recognized.
The editors listed below do not wish to be considered for FASA. Please respect their wishes and do not include them in discussions on who should be recognized. An editor listed here may still choose to be considered for a FASA by posting a message on the talk page of the article FAR; that notice will take precedence over this list.
Editors declining a FASA award
After sufficient time for editors to comment (usually a week or two), FASA awards may be distributed by the FAR coordinators, and listed on the FASA records page. The template for the award is located here.