This is a humorous essay.
It contains the advice or opinions of one or more Wikipedia contributors and is made to be humorous. This page is not one of Wikipedia's policies or guidelines, as it has not been thoroughly vetted by the community. Some essays represent widespread norms; others only represent minority viewpoints. This essay isn't meant to be taken seriously.
|This page in a nutshell: Avoid this disease!|
This disease is not to be mistaken for over-using edit summaries.
Editsummarisis or Editisis is a serious disease in which a user writes an unclear edit summary (Strain A) or, even worse, leaves it blank (Strain B).
Sometimes, Editsummarisis is mistaken for "vandalism" in confusing edits, as people will be questioning the editor's motives. It is found that 25% of the sufferers of editcountitis are affected by the Editsummarisis virus. Unfortunately, it is contagious as an adopter could easily be infected by their adoptee.
- Hurrying to get edits, a user leaves an edit summary blank. (B)
- Forgetting or not caring. (B)
- In a hurry, but less serious. A user writes a puzzling edit summary. (A)
- Purposely (without any possible reason) leaves an edit summary blank. (A)
- Leaving riddles to other users in edit summaries. Do you think you are Ben Gates? (A)
- Copying the "You have not provided an edit summary" message as a mini-protest to the WMF for requiring edit summaries. (A)
- Writes a typo-heavy edit summary in protest (A)
*Bolded the serious ones.
The treatment was found recently. The user must have a healthy EPD level. This maintains blood pressure and coolness. Next, the user must practice filling up LONG edit summaries. Finally, the user must abandon their long-held dream to become an admin.