The administrators' newsletter is a monthly update containing relevant information on administrative issues aimed at administrators. It is intended to help keep administrators up to date with changes to Wikipedia that they may otherwise miss.
The newsletter is currently opt-in; please sign up (non-admins are welcome to subscribe) to receive it, and leave feedback on the general discussion page. The first issue was sent to all administrators to make them aware of the newsletter; subsequent issues are only sent to users on the subscription list.
A subscription box is available, please transclude Wikipedia:Administrators' newsletter/Subscription-box for an automatically updating list of the most important points from the latest issue. You can also transclude Wikipedia:Administrators' newsletter/Current issue to get the full version.
If you would like to help write the newsletter, drop your name in the Writers section below and take a look at the writing instructions and guide. The upcoming issue can be found at Wikipedia:Administrators' newsletter/2023/4, please feel free to contribute or suggest additions at the talk page.
News and updates for administrators from the past month (February 2023).
- Following a request for comment, F10 (useless non-media files) has been deprecated.
- Following a request for comment, the Portal CSD criteria (P1 (portal subject to CSD as an article) and P2 (underpopulated portal)) have been deprecated.
- A request for comment is open to discuss making the closing instructions for the requested moves process a guideline.
- Remedy 11 ("Request for Comment") of the Conduct in deletion-related editing case has been rescinded.
- The proposed decision for the Armenia-Azerbaijan 3 case is expected 7 March 2023.
- A case related to the Holocaust in Poland is expected to be opened soon.
- The 2023 appointees for the Ombuds commission are AGK, Ameisenigel, Bennylin, Daniuu, Emufarmers, Faendalimas, JJMC89, MdsShakil, Minorax and Renvoy as regular members and Zabe as advisory members.
- Following the 2023 Steward Elections, the following editors have been appointed as stewards: Mykola7, Superpes15, and Xaosflux.
[p]roposal for better addressing undisclosed paid editing. Feedback is being accepted until 24 April 2023.
- The results of the 2023 Community Wishlist Survey have been posted.
Want to help write the administrators' newsletter? Sign your name here with ~~~! Contributions welcomed from all users.
- Brownlowe.2 (talk)
- Sam Walton (talk)
- MusikAnimal talk
- Mkdw talk
- -- There'sNoTime (to explain)
- Liz (talk)
- FriyMan talk
- Mz7 (talk)
- Patient Zerotalk
- Luis150902 (talk | contribs)
- ∰Bellezzasolo✡ Discuss
- — xaosflux Talk
- Masum Reza📞
- Dreamy Jazz 🎷 talk to me | my contributions
- CptViraj (talk)
- Pahunkat (talk)
- Tails Wx
- ~Oshwah~(talk) (contribs)
- 🐶 EpicPupper (he/him | talk)
|Previous issue||Current Issue||Next issue|
|Wikipedia:Administrators' newsletter/2023/2||Wikipedia:Administrators' newsletter/2023/3||Wikipedia:Administrators' newsletter/2023/4|