This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)
Even though there are no formal requirements, web development projects require web developers to have knowledge and skills such as:
- Programming/coding/scripting in one of the many server-side languages or frameworks
- Understanding server-side/client-side architecture and communication of the kind mentioned above
- Ability to utilize a database
- Frontend and backend
- Outline of web design and web development
- User interface
- User experience
- Website design
- Web development
- Software developer
- ^ "HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN". developer.mozilla.org. Retrieved 2022-05-12.
- ^ Trapp, Tom (2022-01-12). "Full-fledged full stack with Next.js". b-nova. Retrieved 2022-12-12.
- The US Department of Labor's description of Web Developers
- / World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)