This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)
|Type||Public community college|
|Affiliation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
|President||Vicki Hawsey Karolewics|
Wallace State Community College (formally George C Wallace State Community College) is a public community college in Hanceville, Alabama. Founded in 1966 as the George C. Wallace State Trade School of Cullman County, the college currently enrolls approximately 6,000 students and offers more than 50 associate degree and certificate programs in academic, health, and technical programs.
The college was founded in 1966. It is named for former Alabama governor George C. Wallace, who greatly expanded Alabama's community college system.
The college campus is in Hanceville, Alabama. The college also has an Academic Center and a Technical Center in Oneonta, Alabama. The Oneonta Center was opened in 2016.
Organization and administration
Wallace State maintains a partnership with Athens State University, which enables students to complete junior- and senior-level classes leading to a baccalaureate degree, all on the Wallace State campus.
Wallace State is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and Associate in Applied Science degrees. Many programs have additional accreditation from organizations appropriate to the particular disciplines.
School sports include baseball, basketball, cheerleading, golf, tennis, softball, volleyball, and intramurals.
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (November 2015)
- Marcus Brimage (attended), professional mixed martial artist
- Lester "Bubba" Carpenter, member of the Mississippi House of Representatives; First District of Mississippi
- Jake Elmore, baseball player
- Mickey Gorka (born 1972), Israeli basketball player and coach
- Derek Holland, baseball player
- Fredrik Jacobson (attended), golf player, currently on the PGA tour
- Craig Kimbrel, baseball player
- Kip Moore, country music singer
- Lee Moore, professional basketball player
- Adrian Pledger (born 1976), basketball player
- Jimi Westbrook, musician, of Little Big Town
- Brett Wetterich (attended), golf player, currently on the PGA tour
- Zelous Wheeler, baseball player
- Holmes, Kristen. "Wallace State Community College". Encyclopedia of Alabama. Alabama Humanities Foundation. Retrieved December 10, 2017.