Vikassheel Insaan Party
Vikassheel Insaan Party
|National convener||Mukesh Sahani|
|Founded||4 November 2018|
|Headquarters||3rd Floor, Faizal Imam Complex, Fraser Rd, Patna, Bihar 800001|
|National affiliation||NDA ( 2020–2022)|
|Seats in the Rajya Sabha|
0 / 245
|Seats in the Lok Sabha|
0 / 543
|Seats in the Bihar Legislative Assembly|
0 / 243
|Seats in the Bihar Legislative Council|
0 / 75
|Boat with Man & Sail|
Vikassheel Insaan Party is an Indian political party, formally launched on November 4, 2018, by a Bollywood set designer Mukesh Sahani, who campaigned for the Bharatiya Janata Party during the 2015 Bihar Legislative Assembly election. They contested in three Lok Sabha constituencies in 2019 from Madhubani, Muzaffarpur and Khagaria but failed to win any seats. The support base for the party consists mainly of the Nishad community, which comprises 20 sub-castes of fisherman and boatmen.[irrelevant citation]
2020 Bihar Assembly elections
VIP party was initially aligned to the Mahagathbandhan but amidst confusion in seat sharing due to regressive stance taken by Rashtriya Janata Dal to not give required importance to its small allies, Mukesh Sahani walked out of the alliance. He was welcomed by National Democratic Alliance, and was given a total of 11 seats to contest in Bihar. The party was successful, and though Sahani himself lost the election, his party won four seats.
Mukesh Sahani was later elected to Bihar Legislative Council but not on a six-year term but instead a one and a half year term which expired in July 2022
Defections in 2022
Mukesh Sahani, the President of the party decided to run against his ally party BJP in the Uttar Pradesh 2022 Legislative Assembly elections and said he would field 160 candidates, he said that his main goal was to "oust the (incumbent) BJP government." He proceeded to field 55 candidates against his ally in Bihar, however none of them were able to win. Following the party's loss in the Uttar Pradesh Elections, a BJP MLA said that his chapter is over in Bihar politics and he should be ousted as the minister and also hinted a coup against him in the party Sahani then proceeded to ignore NDA seat distribution for Bihar Legislative Council elections and again fielded seven candidates against BJP
On 23 March 2022, all three MLAs of the party defected into BJP, leaving the party with no MLAs.
- ^ UPDATED LIST OF PARTIES & SYMBOLS BY ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA
- ^ "Why Bihar Grand Alliance Has Given VIP Entry to a Party With Zero Election Experience". News18. 22 March 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- ^ "Bihar: RJD leaving 3 LS seats for Vikas Sheel Insaan Party an attempt to win back Dalits and backward castes". National Herald. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- ^ "Tejashwi Yadav Welcomes New Entrant To Mahagathbandhan In Bihar". NDTV.com. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- ^ Bisht, Akash. "'Son of Mallah': Once the BJP's star campaigner, now the Grand Alliance's big hope in Bihar". Scroll.in. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- ^ Nair, Sobhana K. (23 May 2019). "Caste calculus goes for a toss in the north". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- ^ "BJP gives 11 seats to VIP from its quota for Bihar polls". Times of India. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- ^ News18 (2020). "Simri Bakhtiarpur Assembly Election Results 2020 Live: Simri Bakhtiarpur Constituency (Seat) Election Results, Live News". Archived from the original on 28 March 2022. Retrieved 28 March 2022.
- ^ "Vikassheel Insaan Party Bihar Election Results 2020 | Vip Bihar Vidhan Sabha Election Results 2020". 16 November 2020. Archived from the original on 16 November 2020. Retrieved 16 April 2022.
- ^ "जानें, बीजेपी ने मुकेश सहनी को 6 की बजाय डेढ़ साल के लिए MLC क्यों बनाया?". Aaj Tak (in Hindi). Retrieved 16 April 2022.
- ^ "यूपी: 160 सीटों पर चुनाव लड़ेगी मुकेश साहनी की वीआईपी, बोले- मैं बाजीगर हूं, हारकर भी जीतता हूं". Amar Ujala (in Hindi). Retrieved 14 September 2021.
- ^ PTI (25 February 2022). "An Ally In Bihar, VIP Party Says Its Main Goal Is To Oust BJP From Power In UP". outlookindia.com. Retrieved 16 April 2022.
- ^ "VIP chief Mukesh Sahani's chapter is now closed in Bihar: BJP". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 16 April 2022.
- ^ "VIP to contest 24 seats of Council on its own; Sahani says " Will continue in NDA"". Hindustan Times. 30 January 2022. Retrieved 16 April 2022.
- ^ "All 3 MLAs of Bihar NDA ally Vikassheel Insaan Party join BJP, make it single-largest party". 23 March 2022. Archived from the original on 28 March 2022. Retrieved 28 March 2022.