|Director of the United States Mint|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||David J. Ryder|
|Branch/service||United States Navy|
Ventris C. Gibson is an American government official serving as the director of the United States Mint. She previously served as deputy director of the Mint from October 2021 until her confirmation by the U.S. Senate.
Gibson began her career in the United States Navy. She later joined the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, serving as director of the Office of Human Resources Management from 1996 to 1998 and deputy assistant secretary for human resources management from 1998 to 2003. Turing her tenure, Gibson participated in an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment at the Fayetteville Veterans Administration Hospital. She served as chief human capital officer of the Federal Aviation Administration from 2003 to 2010.
In 2012 and 2013, Gibson worked as a consultant at North Highland. She later joined the National Labor Relations Board, serving as acting chief human capital officer in 2013 and director of administration until 2014. From 2014 to 2015, she served as associate deputy assistant secretary of the United States Department of Health and Human Services for human resources. She served as director of the District of Columbia Department of Human Resources from 2015 to 2021. In October 2021, Gibson joined the United States Mint as deputy director and acting director.
- "Ventris C. Gibson, Acting Director | U.S. Mint". www.usmint.gov. Retrieved 2021-12-13.
- Staff, U. S.; Investigations, United States Congress House Committee on Veterans' Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight and (1998). Sexual Harassment in the VA and H.R. 1703, Department of Veteran's Affairs Employment Discrimination Prevention Act: Hearing Before the Subcommittee Oversight and Investigations of the Committee on Veterans' Affairs, House of Representatives, One Hundred Fifth Congress, First Session, July 17, 1997. U.S. Government Printing Office. ISBN 978-0-16-056267-9.
- Rottenberg, Linda (2016). Crazy Is a Compliment: The Power of Zigging When Everyone Else Zags. Penguin Publishing Group. ISBN 978-1-59184-799-1.
- "President Biden Announces Key Nominees". The White House. 2021-12-13. Retrieved 2021-12-13.
- "Treasury Announces New U.S. Mint Acting Director". Just The Real News. 2021-09-24. Retrieved 2021-12-13.
- https://twitter.com/SenateCloakroom/status/1537205612664213505[bare URL]