VFD Microfinance Bank
This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (March 2022)
VFD Microfinance Bank is a fully digital bank with headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria. As a digital bank, it offers free banking services to Nigerians. The bank is headed by Gbenga Omolokun as the managing director. VFD Microfinance Bank is a subsidiary of VFD Group a proprietary investment company with Nonso Okpala as Managing Director/ CEO
VBank (V by VFD or V) is a virtual bank and platform powered by VFD Microfinance Bank and was launched on March 25, 2020. It was created to offer free online banking. Currently, VBank has onboarded more than 500,000 active individuals and businesses on its mobile banking platform across Nigeria.
Veelage is VBank’s community-based reward system that allows customers to earn on the go. Veelagers are ranked and rewarded based on their active participation. 
VBiz is the VBank equivalent for businesses. It is an all-in-one platform enabling Corporate and SME (Small and Medium Enterprises) users to open, manage and transact from their V Bank Accounts. 
VBank has won the following awards:
- ^ "VFD Microfinance bank offers hope to workers, democratizing ownership". The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News. 2020-05-02. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- ^ a b Partners, N. M. (2020-11-09). "VFD partners with eBanqo to implement a Banking Chatbot across its messaging platforms". Nairametrics. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- ^ "Digital bank records 250,000 users in one year". Punch Newspapers. 2021-04-06. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- ^ "Omolokun Advocates Fintech Roadmap for Nigeria". Business Post. 2021-11-18. Retrieved 2022-06-23.
- ^ "VBANK SPONSORS WOMEN IN TECH GLOBAL; UPSKILLS 1,000 WOMEN AND GIRLS IN STEM". Brandcrunch. 2022-11-29. Retrieved 2022-06-23.
- ^ "VFD to raise N7 billion, targets investments in financial services". The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News. 2018-12-13. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- ^ Odutola, Abiola (2020-03-06). "VFD MFB bridges banking gap, unveils V". Nairametrics. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- ^ John, Janet (2021-04-26). "Fintechs compete with traditional banks, introduce free services". Nairametrics. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- ^ "Everyone needs to get on the new VBank App". TechCabal. 2021-04-09. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- ^ "2021 Nigeria Fintech Week: VBank leads discourse on innovative payment systems". Tribune Online. 2021-11-08. Retrieved 2022-03-11.
- ^ "Digital bank records 250,000 users in one year". The Punch. 2021-04-06. Retrieved 2022-06-22.
- ^ "Nairametrics, Vbank, MTN, Nengi Hampson, Josh2funny and others shine at GAGE Awards 2021". Nairametrics. 2021-04-26. Retrieved 2022-06-22.
- ^ "V Bank wins Mobile Banking App of The Year back-to-back". Vanguard News. 2022-06-20. Retrieved 2022-06-22.