|This user talk page might be watched by friendly talk page stalkers, which means that someone other than me might reply to your query. Their input is welcome and their help with messages that I cannot reply to quickly is appreciated.|
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2023).
- Following an RfC, the administrator policy now requires that prior written consent be gained from the Arbitration Committee to mark a block as only appealable to the committee.
- Following a community discussion, consensus has been found to impose the extended-confirmed restriction over the topic areas of Armenia and Azerbaijan and Kurds and Kurdistan.
- The Vector 2022 skin has become the default for desktop users of the English Wikipedia.
- The arbitration case Armenia-Azerbaijan 3 has been opened and the proposed decision is expected 24 February 2023.
- In December, the contentious topics procedure was adopted which replaces the former discretionary sanctions system. The contentious topics procedure is now in effect following an initial implementation period. There is a detailed summary of the changes and administrator instructions for the new procedure. The arbitration clerk team are taking suggestions, concerns, and unresolved questions about this new system at their noticeboard.
- Voting in the 2023 Steward elections will begin on 05 February 2023, 21:00 (UTC) and end on 26 February 2023, 21:00 (UTC). The confirmation process of current stewards is being held in parallel. You can automatically check your eligibility to vote.
- Voting in the 2023 Community Wishlist Survey will begin on 10 February 2023 and end on 24 February 2023. You can submit, discuss and revise proposals until 6 February 2023.
- Tech tip: Syntax highlighting is available in both the 2011 and 2017 Wikitext editors. It can help make editing paragraphs with many references or complicated templates easier.
I found you on adoption page and thought I'd ask if you would take me on.
I have tried with two other mentors initially.
Zippybonzo took me on but got busy and ToastGuard didn't have an opening when I went back.
If your interested you might have a look at the little I have contributed (and possibly the questions I have asked Zippybonzo on his Talk- some archived) and get an idea of where I am coming from and if I'd be of any interest.
Thanks Lukewarmbeer (talk) 22:32, 2 February 2023 (UTC)
- @Lukewarmbeer: Thanks for your interest but I sadly have to decline since I currently do not have the necessary activity levels to really be of any help (not quite sure why the adoption page says otherwise, so thanks for telling me about that). Good luck with your search! Regards SoWhy 09:17, 3 February 2023 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (February 2023).
- Following a request for comment, F10 (useless non-media files) has been deprecated.
- Following a request for comment, the Portal CSD criteria (P1 (portal subject to CSD as an article) and P2 (underpopulated portal)) have been deprecated.
- A request for comment is open to discuss making the closing instructions for the requested moves process a guideline.
- The results of the 2023 Community Wishlist Survey have been posted.
- Remedy 11 ("Request for Comment") of the Conduct in deletion-related editing case has been rescinded.
- The proposed decision for the Armenia-Azerbaijan 3 case is expected 7 March 2023.
- A case related to the Holocaust in Poland is expected to be opened soon.
- The 2023 appointees for the Ombuds commission are AGK, Ameisenigel, Bennylin, Daniuu, Emufarmers, Faendalimas, JJMC89, MdsShakil, Minorax and Renvoy as regular members and Zabe as advisory members.
- Following the 2023 Steward Elections, the following editors have been appointed as stewards: Mykola7, Superpes15, and Xaosflux.
[p]roposal for better addressing undisclosed paid editing. Feedback is being accepted until 24 April 2023.
I don't know much about editing Wikipedia or what the rules are, so I am reaching out to someone who might have a little more knowledge.
For many years there has been a racist attack by a group of people to make sure actor/musician Eric West does not have a Wikipedia page, they purposely remove his name from the cast credits on pages about films or shows he's been in. Spends hours of their life to search Wiki just to see if his name is on any pages. https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fortress_(2021_film)&action=history
Fortress, Satisfaction, Hey Girl
The user: Duffbeerforme has constantly tried to have his name removed from any page on Wiki, along with another group of people who have blocked his page from being made on Wikipedia. see here. 
He's is an successful model that has been the face of major campaigns and fashion week runways around the world, a Billboard charting producer, songwriter AND record label (Eric West Management) on various Billboard charts on Eric’s own record label, an award-winning actor (Hey Girl, Satisfaction, Fortress, Late Show with Steve Colbert), and been considered a style icon by GQ and has been covered by every major outlet there is GQ, Esquire, Complex, Hollywood Reporter, In Style, Golden Globes, Vibe.
Based on the Billboard charts alone, he would be eligible for a page. The bigger issue is how there are people masked as editors on Wiki who are going against its own guidelines and should not be allowed on the platform. As someone that knows him personally, he's fine and he doesn't care, but I do. I hope someone at Wiki can look at this so that this doesn't happen in the future when people have a vendetta against you.
Billboard chart: #58 https://web.archive.org/web/20210413234536/https://www.billboard.com/charts/current-albums/2021-03-13/
Billboard chart: #21 https://web.archive.org/web/20211106134738/https://www.billboard.com/charts/emerging-artists/2021-11-06
https://twitter.com/EricXWest/status/1470849338096197633 Bobbym212 (talk) 22:24, 1 March 2023 (UTC)
- @Bobbym212: If you believe this person to be notable, you are welcome to start a draft (e.g. Draft:Eric West) that addresses the previous reasons for deletion. I suggest you use the Article Wizard to do so, but first you should consult the conflict of interest and reliable sources policies. I will not edit articles on your behalf though. If you believe a user is mixing personal feelings with editing, you can always request dispute resolution but I suggest you first try to get an article accepted to strengthen your case for inclusion in other articles. Regards SoWhy 10:28, 2 March 2023 (UTC)
Thank you for your help. I'm not sure if I know how to make a draft but I'll ask around and see if there is anyone else that can. Bobbym212 (talk) 14:23, 2 March 2023 (UTC)
- @Bobbym212: Just use the Article Wizard I linked to, it will guide you step by step through the creation process. You can also find more information under Wikipedia:Your first article. Regards SoWhy 14:39, 2 March 2023 (UTC)
Same as above.
Just want to continue to show how Eric is the ONLY cast member they target and remove.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fortress_(2021_film)&action=history Bobbym212 (talk) 01:35, 2 March 2023 (UTC)
Books & Bytes – Issue 55
The Wikipedia Library: Books & Bytes
Issue 55, January – February 2023
- New bundle partners:
- 1Lib1Ref January report
- Spotlight: EDS SmartText Searching
Sent by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of The Wikipedia Library team --12:46, 16 March 2023 (UTC)