|This user is busy in real life due to their studies and working as a frontline healthcare volunteer in the UK and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
|This is Naypta's talk page, where you can send him messages and comments.|
|Please stay calm and civil while commenting or presenting evidence, and do not make personal attacks. Be patient when approaching solutions to any issues. If consensus is not reached, other solutions exist to draw attention and ensure that more editors mediate or comment on the dispute.|
- Hi Chris troutman, and anyone else who comes across this note. Thanks very much for your concern about me, and for continuing to hold the fort on the wiki.
- It's obviously been a very long time since I last edited, and having had a lot of activity on-wiki prior to that for some months, I recognise fully that having disappeared so suddenly was potentially worrying and concerning. Whilst editing Wikipedia is, of course, in theory not something one should have to make a specific hours commitment to, in practice I ought to have been more attentive to it since, or at least sent a message explaining where things were. I'm sorry for any stress or upset I've caused anyone.
- For so long as Yapperbot continues to work, I will try and continue to maintain it (in particular, I've recently received an email about having to migrate to a newer version of the Toolforge host it's currently on) - but I can't promise to be dedicating a huge amount of time to it. I might well end up having time to edit again at some point in the future, and can certainly see myself making occasional small edits, but I don't think it'll happen in the near future unfortunately.
- If anyone is interested in the personal "lore" as to why I suddenly disappeared, I've written it up below - but I imagine it won't be of interest to many people! A particular thank you also should go out to @Sdkb and ProcrastinatingReader: I've seen both of you have said some lovely things about me in my absence, and thanks as well to Proc for picking up the Yapperbot Uncurrenter task - I had no idea that that had even stopped working, to be honest!
Where did Naypta go? (The Lore)
In 2020, during the first wave of the COVID pandemic, A levels and GCSE exams in the UK were cancelled due to students being unable to safely sit them. At the time, I was a final year A level student, and had taken up Wikipedia editing during the lockdown as a way to continue my studies and keep expanding my knowledge before coming to university. My intention at the time was very much to continue editing into university.
The cancellation of the exams, however, led to the 2020 UK GCSE and A-Level grading controversy, in which Ofqual, the Government agency in the UK responsible for setting qualifications, developed an algorithm for determining what grades a student "would have got" had they sat the exams. Unfortunately for all of us, this algorithm was not only ill-thought-through, but patently biased and dangerous. So much so that, at the start of August 2020, I realised that it would need challenging, and began to use my time to do just that. My edits stopped because, working with the legal nonprofit Foxglove, I was setting out to challenge the algorithm in the courts, which eventually got some fair media coverage (perhaps making me qualify as a WP:BLP1E!)
We ultimately didn't have to go through with the court process in full as the Government U-turned of its own accord a matter of hours before we were due to file our case formally in the courts, but the events still turned a lot of what I was doing in the rest of my life upside down, and effectively dominated the next couple of months of my life. By the point that the fallout from that was over, another COVID wave was striking the UK, and I knew I wanted to do something more to help respond to it - so I began volunteering with St John Ambulance, the UK's first aid charity and volunteer health reserve, where I'm still giving pretty much all my volunteering time at the moment in both a clinical and a management role.All of those things put together really didn't leave a lot of time for Wikipedia, and every day that passed I found it more difficult to write this explanation of what had happened - it didn't occur to me to do so at all for a couple of months, but beyond that it kept feeling as though it were too late! That probably sounds ridiculous, but it's the truth :) Also, if you're reading this all the way to the end, thank you, but you evidently find me a lot more interesting than I do!
- With hugs, and with another heartfelt apology for my sudden disappearance: Naypta ☺ | ✉ talk page | 23:33, 5 April 2022 (UTC)
- I hope you are okay. —usernamekiran (talk) 18:20, 9 January 2023 (UTC)
- I miss you Chris. I hate being at my dads. 2600:100E:A101:A79C:51C4:DC60:D9F5:DB92 (talk) 04:35, 18 February 2023 (UTC)
Regarding a redirect
Hey, Naypta. Sorry to bother you. I just wanted to make you aware that the misspelled redirect "American Championshp Car race report infobox" that links to Template:Infobox American championship car race report is being planned by me to be deleted sometime in the future. Two of your projects, User:Naypta/Templates over 500 uses/Semi-protected and User:Naypta/Templates over 500 uses link to the misspelled version. If you do have a chance to, could you switch those to the non-misspelled version? (If you don't have a chance to, that is okay as well.) --Super Goku V (talk) 11:28, 21 December 2022 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) Those are automatically-generated reports. Naypta won't care if the redirect gets deleted and probably won't have a chance to update them given his recent lack of activity. * Pppery * it has begun... 15:11, 21 December 2022 (UTC)
RfC bot and deleted rfcs
Coordinating for the upcoming EP elections
Would you be interested in working on drafts that anticipate the upcoming EP elections? I'm trying to gather editors ahead of time, so we can have an established format and idea of what should be included. I'd like to work on:
2. New article which updates the Collage itself, similar to the von der Leyen Commission article --> Large
3.The European Commission article will need to be updated when the new commission --> Large
4. An update on President of the European Commission --> Small
5. Update the High Representative of the European Union --> Small
- Why are you asking someone who's not edited Wikipedia for almost a year? * Pppery * it has begun... 22:36, 24 March 2023 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:YRS Festival of Code logo.png
Thanks for uploading File:YRS Festival of Code logo.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 17:36, 8 August 2023 (UTC)
Your bot removed me from Wikiproject India members, stating that I haven't made any edits to the English Wikipedia in over 1 year. I kindly request you make sure your bot working properly. You can see my contributions also I joined in August this year in English Wikipedia and am making edits. Greenneutron12 (talk) 15:47, 13 September 2023 (UTC)