|This is Muboshgu's talk page, where you can send him messages and comments.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55|
|This user is aware of the designation of the following topics as contentious topics:
The fourth round of the competition has finished, with anyone scoring less than 673 points being eliminated. It was a high scoring round with all but one of the contestants who progressed to the final having achieved an FA during the round. The highest scorers were
- Epicgenius, with 2173 points topping the scores, gained mainly from a featured article, 38 good articles and 9 DYKs. He was followed by
- Sammi Brie, with 1575 points, gained mainly from a featured article, 28 good articles and 50 good article reviews. Close behind was
- Thebiguglyalien, with 1535 points mainly gained from a featured article, 15 good articles, 26 good article reviews and lots of bonus points.
Between them during round 4, contestants achieved 12 featured articles, 3 featured lists, 3 featured pictures, 126 good articles, 46 DYK entries, 14 ITN entries, 67 featured article candidate reviews and 147 good article reviews. Congratulations to our eight finalists and all who participated! It was a generally high-scoring and productive round and I think we can expect a highly competitive finish to the competition.
Remember that any content promoted after the end of round 4 but before the start of round 5 can be claimed in round 5. Remember too that you must claim your points within 10 days of "earning" them and within 24 hours of the end of the final. If you are concerned that your nomination will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews. It would be helpful if this list could be cleared of any items no longer relevant. If you want to help out with the WikiCup, please do your bit to keep down the review backlogs! Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove your name from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send.
I will be standing down as a judge after the end of the contest. I think the Cup encourages productive editors to improve their contributions to Wikipedia and I hope that someone else will step up to take over the running of the Cup. Sturmvogel 66 (talk), and Cwmhiraeth (talk)
You helped me, along with other professional wikipedians, to create my first Wikipedia Article! I know that was like, 6 months ago, but it is never too late to say thank you!
- @Petjayso: I had completely forgotten about that article. Glad I could help! – Muboshgu (talk) 16:40, 12 November 2023 (UTC)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation and please get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly; your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!
The Signpost: 20 November 2023
- In the media: Propaganda and photos, lunatics and a lunar backup
- News and notes: Update on Wikimedia's financial health
- Traffic report: If it bleeds, it leads
- Recent research: Canceling disputes as the real function of ArbCom
- Wikimania: Wikimania 2024 scholarships
- Russellbassett0919, I have, have you? Sources say that they have reached agreement, the deal is not signed. – Muboshgu (talk) 01:07, 21 November 2023 (UTC)
- Oh my bad then didn’t realize they had not done the deal yet has Nola been signed yet? Russellbassett0919 (talk) 01:08, 21 November 2023 (UTC)
In accordance with our policy that Wikipedia is not for the indefinite hosting of material deemed unsuitable for the encyclopedia mainspace, the draft has been deleted. When you plan on working on it further and you wish to retrieve it, you can request its undeletion. An administrator will, in most cases, restore the submission so you can continue to work on it.
You removed my edit on the grounds that it was not accurate. The post was quoted directly from the Wall Street Journal, a reliable source. Did they issue a retraction? PerseusMeredith (talk) 18:51, 27 November 2023 (UTC)
- PerseusMeredith, your edit said in part that
Chomsky confirmed that he had received $275,000 from Jeff Epstein. The WSJ source does not say that. WSJ says that Epstein helped Chomsky move $270K of his own money. And per previous discussion, we're not including it. Everybody knows that Epstein was a well-connected financier. His sexual offenses have nothing to do with Chomsky, or many of the other people he worked with. – Muboshgu (talk) 19:05, 27 November 2023 (UTC)
- I see how the $275,000 payment could be confusing. My bad.
- Put me down for including it. Bill Gates, Bill Clinton, both have it listed on their bios. Bill Clinton's contact with Epstein was more than 20 years old and before he was a convicted felon. Chomsky's meetings have been widely covered in multiple media sources (Rolling Stone, Yahoo, Slate, Guardian, etc...). He chose to continue the relationship after Epstein was convicted. I included Chomsky's explanation so I think that is fair. PerseusMeredith (talk) 19:23, 27 November 2023 (UTC)
- The nature of Epstein's relationship with Clinton and Gates appears to be significantly different than with Chomsky. An editor in that May 2023 discussion noted the nature of Gates' and why that merits inclusion there while Chomsky's relationship with him doesn't. – Muboshgu (talk) 19:38, 27 November 2023 (UTC)