This Wikipedia user has died, and is remembered with thanks.
Archives and sandboxes
Holy wow. Good job, Dreadstar. --Fang Aili talk
Please no notes on my talk page; any watchers please remove them if you see them. Thanks and good luck to everyone! Dreadstar ☥ 22:44, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
|Shout for joy|
Thank you for inspiration! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:58, 26 November 2015 (UTC)
impact --Gerda Arendt (talk) 00:06, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
I learned ignore ignore ignore from you and will not forget. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:12, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
I created a prize for impact, playing with your model, with an invitation to all to pass it generously, --Gerda Arendt (talk) 21:56, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
I am so sorry
I can't believe it. The last words we exchanged were angry ones. The end of your admin career was not a finest moment for either of us. I'm so deeply sorry for the part I played in your leaving. You were at the bleeding edge and I should have done more to help. Despite the way it ended, I thought of you as a friend. HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 03:31, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
Vaya con dios Dreadstar
We talked not too long ago--you said you'd voted for me, and I said I didn't care as much for the vote as I did for you coming back. That was wishful thinking. There's more to be said, but not here and not now; I do intend to keep you in our collective mind. Thanks for all you've done for our beautiful project, Dreadstar. Drmies (talk) 03:51, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
I'm hoping this is an elaborate prank on his part and we will all have a laugh about it. What a shame. Gamaliel (talk) 04:12, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
I'm so sorry to hear this, Dreadstar. It feels impossible. Thank you for everything you did for Wikipedia and everything you did to help individual editors, which was considerable. SarahSV (talk) 04:15, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- Dreadstar was one of the very finest admins we had and a brave soul. He will be missed. Montanabw(talk) 04:59, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- Dreadstar will be truly missed. Thank you for everything that you have done on Wikipedia as an administrator and editor. Best wishes, Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 06:58, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- May you rest in peace my friend. Thank you for all the wonderful things you have done for so many people on this project. Dr. K. 07:33, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- I didn't know you as well as some here, but I was never sorry to see you come around. Thanks for everything you did here. Seraphimblade Talk to me 16:32, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- Good bye dear friend. You were one of our best admins with a voice that was unmistakable, often funny, charming, thoughtful, and so helpful to so many. You have been missed and now your leaving us for this next great journey leaves many bereft. (Littleolive oil (talk) 16:27, 18 January 2016 (UTC))
- I am glad to have known you; ill-prepared to accept that you're gone! While I suspect this is not an "elaborate prank", as our brother said in lament, I am certain that we will meet again. On that day we'll definitely have a good laugh; just as we've laughed in the past. But today I am rightfully sad, for the world is lessor a place. Thank you for the life that you lived; and the joy we will have in remembrance of it. I will remember you, until we have that laugh. Amen--John Cline (talk) 16:34, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- May your memory be eternal. Peace. Fylbecatulous talk 16:51, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- Good-bye Dreadstar...so sad to hear of your passing...very thankful for all your help here on Wiki Thisandthem (talk) 18:07, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- It was a long time ago, but you were very helpful to me in my early days as an admin, and for that I am truly thankful. You gave so much to Wikipedia and to other that contribute to it, which will not be forgotten. Rest in peace. CT Cooper · talk 19:04, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- Rest in peace. --Tito Dutta (talk) 20:44, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- Truly sad news. You will be much missed by many. KillerChihuahua 20:45, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- I've delayed posting on this page all day, in hopes that this was a false report. But, unfortunately, an editor wrote me to confirm the news. I enjoyed our correspondence and appreciate that you were willing to make tough decisions and enter the murky waters of Gamergate when a few neutral admins were most needed. I wish I had stayed in touch and kept up on your life. Ever since you left last spring, your presence has been missed. And now we know you are not coming back so it is a greater loss. Rest in peace, Dreadstar. Liz Read! Talk! 23:14, 18 January 2016 (UTC)
- Rest in peace. NE Ent 00:28, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you for your contributions, Dreadstar. Rest in Peace. Softlavender (talk) 00:34, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- My deepest condolences to D's friends and family. Thanks for all that you did here. MarnetteD|Talk 02:47, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- .إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ You will be missed. Keilana (talk) 16:10, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- My deepest condolences and sympathies to your friends and family. May you find eternal happiness and joy on the other side. RickinBaltimore (talk) 16:44, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- Rest in peace, Dreadstar, and condolences to your family and loved ones. You were one of the best admins Wikipedia had, and your presence made it a better place.--Cúchullain t/c 21:03, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- Interpretations of 2001: A Space Odyssey is a masterpiece. Rest in Peace. Buster Seven Talk 01:00, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
— Berean Hunter (talk) 03:52, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
- My heart is heavy. My encounter with Dreadstar was brief and somewhat complicated. In retrospect, I wish we had been given more time to exchange pleasantries. His loss is a sad reminder of just how fragile life is, and how we tend to take things for granted. We're all born with an expire date so remember to appreciate each new day and savor the moments. I know of no one who tires of compliments and well wishes - be generous in sharing them. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. Atsme📞📧 19:56, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- Goodbye, my friend. You were a prince among men. Annalisa Ventola (Talk | Contribs) 03:16, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
- I only just learned. You were a real diplomat and gentleman. Farewell and thanks for all the interactions. —BillC talk 23:41, 19 April 2016 (UTC)
|Thank you for your impact|
|in saying silently "ignore ignore ignore",|
swinging your sword for the right thing,
and expressing joy in abundance,
in the sky with diamonds!
--Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:50, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
Thinking of you. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 08:09, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
Only just found out
Very, very sad news.
You will be missed tremendously.
Godspeed. Kurtis (talk) 22:06, 4 February 2016 (UTC)
Sometimes we will still hear you in our heads...
"...ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore ignore..."
Hdjensofjfnen (UTC) 00:21, 3 March 2016 (UTC)
hey you. I know you can't reply in the usual fashion, but just wanted to drop a line. Wanted to drop you a note to say I really, REALLY miss ya sometimes. If I didn't say it before -thanks so much for everything. You take care, get my spot ready - and I'll see ya soon. hugs. — Ched : ? 11:06, 9 March 2016 (UTC)
- O\ (Littleolive oil (talk) 15:25, 9 May 2016 (UTC))
A kitten for you!
Ⓩⓟⓟⓘⓧ (talk) 21:21, 22 April 2016 (UTC)
A good Wikipedian
Rest in peace! Hamid Hassani (talk) 00:04, 22 May 2016 (UTC)
(((The Quixotic Potato))) (talk) 00:53, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- Today it's a year that I knew that he died, - did you know? --Gerda Arendt (talk) 20:08, 18 January 2017 (UTC)
- --Gerda Arendt (talk) 10:09, 2 January 2019 (UTC)
Just dropping by ...
I think of you often, and still miss you so very much my friend. — Ched (talk) 23:12, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
Hi. I just found out about this. May Dreadstar rest in peace. I'm so glad there are still people who misses him. Tom-Epsilon (talk) 15:42, 31 October 2021 (UTC)
Ten years ago, you were found precious. That's what you are, always. Remembered and missed, - nobody brightened my days here as you did in strong images and words. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 09:17, 18 February 2022 (UTC)