User talk:Chris troutman
SMcCandlish's On the Radar
— "Comments?" links go to OtR's own talk page, not those of the original news-item sources.
|Chris troutman uses the Wikibreak Switch template, and plans to update this notice if a wikibreak is taken.|
Sections older than 30 days may be automatically archived by MiszaBot III.
March 23, 2023
|First Edit Day|
|You should know|
Happy Wiki Birthday!
Hi Chris troutman! On behalf of the Birthday Committee, I'd like to wish you a very happy birthday! Enjoy this special day! User:Brachy0008 (talk) 01:22, 2 March 2023 (UTC)
Brachy08 (Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gonna Let You Down) 00:52, 2 March 2023 (UTC)
Invitation to join the Ten Year Society
Dear Chris troutman,
I'd like to extend a cordial invitation to you to join the Ten Year Society, an informal group for editors who've been participating in the Wikipedia project for ten years or more.
Best regards, ~ ToBeFree (talk) 18:46, 2 March 2023 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|As promised ~ ToBeFree (talk) 18:46, 2 March 2023 (UTC)|
- @ToBeFree: Thanks so much for all this! I had entirely forgotten about our exchange months ago and I was pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten the Ten Year invite but you were true to your word. This made my day and helps me feel better about this project as my interest has really dropped off. Rest assured that you did your bit for editor retention today. Chris Troutman (talk) 02:39, 3 March 2023 (UTC)
- ~ ToBeFree (talk) 06:55, 3 March 2023 (UTC)
So ends the first round of the 2023 WikiCup. Everyone with a positive score moved on to Round 2, with 54 contestants qualifying. The top scorers in Round 1 were:
- Unlimitedlead with 1205 points, a WikiCup newcomer, led the field with two featured articles on historical figures and several featured article candidate reviews.
- Epicgenius was in second place with 789 points; a seasoned WikiCup competitor he specialises in buildings and locations in New York.
- FrB.TG was in third place with 625 points, garnered from a featured article on a filmmaker which qualified for an impressive number of bonus points.
- TheJoebro64, another WikiCup newcomer, came next with 600 points gained from two featured articles on video games.
- Iazyges was in fifth place with 532 points, from two featured articles on classical history.
The top sixteen contestants at the end of Round 1 had all scored over 300 points; these included LunaEatsTuna, Thebiguglyalien, Sammi Brie, Trainsandotherthings, Lee Vilenski, Juxlos, Unexpectedlydian, SounderBruce, Kosack, BennyOnTheLoose and PCN02WPS. It was a high-scoring start to the competition.
These contestants, like all the others, now have to start again from scratch. The first round finished on February 26. Remember that any content promoted after that date but before the start of Round 2 can be claimed in Round 2. Some contestants made claims before the new submissions pages were set up, and they will need to resubmit them. Invitations for collaborative writing efforts or any other discussion of potentially interesting work is always welcome on the WikiCup talk page. Remember, if two or more WikiCup competitors have done significant work on an article, all can claim points. If you are concerned that your nomination—whether it is at good article candidates, a featured process, or anywhere else—will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews Needed.
If you want to help out with the WikiCup, please do your bit to keep down the review backlogs! Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. Good luck! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Sturmvogel 66 and Cwmhiraeth. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:36, 2 March 2023 (UTC)
Hi @Chris troutman, I have created this, which incorporates the text from your UBX; I hope that's alright with you.
I thought it might be funny, copying for the CopyVio topicon. 1AmNobody24 (talk) 12:56, 16 March 2023 (UTC)
- @1AmNobody24: That's fine. The image is not mine as it is not copyright although you could thank Xander89 for uploading it originally. Chris Troutman (talk) 02:15, 17 March 2023 (UTC)