June 5, 2023
Current UTC time and date ( )
on this page unless you ask me to reply elsewhere.
- Following a request for comment, F10 (useless non-media files) has been deprecated.
- Following a request for comment, the Portal CSD criteria (P1 (portal subject to CSD as an article) and P2 (underpopulated portal)) have been deprecated.
- A request for comment is open to discuss making the closing instructions for the requested moves process a guideline.
- The results of the 2023 Community Wishlist Survey have been posted.
News and updates for administrators from the past month (April 2023).
- A request for comment about removing administrative privileges in specified situations is open for feedback.
- Progress has started on the Page Triage improvement project. This is to address the concerns raised by the community in their 2022 WMF letter that requested improvements be made to the tool.
- The proposed decision in the World War II and the history of Jews in Poland case is expected 11 May 2023.
- The Wikimedia Foundation annual plan 2023-2024 draft is open for comment and input through May 19. The final plan will be published in July 2023.
- Welcome messages are archived at Welcome
- List of publications in chemistry deletions are archived at User talk:Bduke/chemistry pub deletions
- November 1st, 2005 - May 31st, 2006 Archive 1
- June 1st, 2006 - December 31st, 2006 Archive 2
- January 1st, 2007 - May 31, 2007 Archive 3
- June 1st, 2007 - December 31st, 2007 Archive 4
- January 1st, 2008 - June 31th, 2008 Archive 5
- July 1st, 2008 - December 2, 2008 Archive 6
- December 3, 2008 - June 30, 2009 Archive 7
- July 1 2009 - August 4 2022 Archive 8
- January 30, 2010 - July 6 2010 Archive 9
- July 9, 2010 - 23 November 2011 Archive 10
- December 25, 2011 - January 3 2013 Archive 11
- January 21, 2013 - November 21, 2014 Archive 12
- February 21, 2015 - October 5, 2020 Archive 13
- October 24, 2020 - January 28, 2022 Archive 14
- February 22, 2022 - January 20, 2023 Archive 15
- January 2, 2023 - Archive 16
Coronation today, 6th May
Why the hell do we, in Australia, put up with this total nonsense? --Bduke (talk) 11:01, 6 May 2023 (UTC)
User from Kano
Hello @Bduke, Thank you so much for your kind response! I appreciate your willingness to help and your offer to guide me through the intricacies of editing on Wikipedia. I will definitely reach out to you if I encounter any challenges or have any questions. I understand the time difference, and I will keep that in mind when I contact you. Once again, thank you for your support and encouragement. Gwanki (talk) 10:04, 9 May 2023 (UTC)
Is this the best silly British story you have ever heard?
When British people say they are “less paranoid” than Americans, what are some examples of what they mean?
I was staying on a campsite in rural Surrey. After coming from work I got off the train and headed out of the village into pitch darkness. Another chap followed me, so I turned to him and asked “Sorry, I forgot. Is it my turn to be the serial killer or yours?”. And so we walked home together that night. --Bduke (talk) 06:15, 11 May 2023 (UTC)
This Month in Education: April 2023
This Month in Education
Volume 12 • Issue 4 • April 2023
- Auckland Museum Alliance fund project update
- Introducing Wikipedia to Kusaal Language Teachers
- KWASU Fan Club Leads the Way in 21st Century Learning with Wiki in School Program
- On-line Courses for Educators in Poland
- Online meeting of Ukrainian educators working with Wikipedia – four perspectives
- Wikiclubs Editathon in Elbasan, Albania
- Wikipedia at the Brazilian Linguistics Olympiad
- Wikipedia at the University of Łódź Information Management Conference
The Signpost: 5 June 2023
- News and notes: WMRU director forks new 'pedia, birds flap in top '22 piccy, WMF weighs in on Indian gov's map axe plea
- Featured content: Poetry under pressure
- Traffic report: Celebs, controversies and a chatbot in the public eye