- User talk:Ahechtbot redirects here. User:Ahechtbot is a legitimate alternative bot account of Ahecht. Please use this page for all discussion of that bot account.
- User talk:Ahect redirects here. User:Ahect is a doppelgänger account, so if you see that user mentioned, it's probably a misspelling of User:Ahecht.
|This is Ahecht's talk page, where you can send them messages and comments.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17|
Suggestion: e-brake on pageswap if there's a previous move <X minutes/hours ago
This seldom happens, but occasionally pagemovers would inadvertently, unknowingly, race each other in swapping the same page while processing the RM/TR queue. My most recent encounter was with Our Extended Play where @Doomsdayer520 and I were swapping the same page within second of each other. I wonder if it is possible to have the script to check for prior recent moves, for pagemovers to either be warned or check again if the prior move was of a pageswap of similar nature. – robertsky (talk) 05:02, 14 October 2023 (UTC)
- This has indeed happened to me a few times. As for the recent mishap that Robertsky described above, I noticed in the page histories that he and I were both working on it at the same time, with the page titles swapping back and forth in quite the bizarre fashion. I sent him a quick message at his Talk page, volunteering to step back and allowing him to finish the operation. We worked it out with no problem, but I can imagine other cases in which this would lead to a huge mess of incorrect page titles, which is exactly what we're trying to fix in the first place. ---DOOMSDAYER520 (TALK|CONTRIBS) 14:44, 14 October 2023 (UTC)
- @Doomsdayer520 and Robertsky, I'll play around in the sandbox to see how I can implement this without adding too much overhead (as you said, it's a pretty rare event). I'll probably just add a warning message if the source page has been moved within a certain time period (the API only lets you pull the move log for 1 page at a time, and I'd rather not add an extra API call). Any suggestions on how far back I should look? 1 day? 1 hour? 5 minutes? --Ahecht (TALK
PAGE) 00:01, 16 October 2023 (UTC)
- thanks. given the RM/TR queue is worked on multiple times a day the request being cleared out almost immediately, an hour is more than sufficient. – robertsky (talk) 05:39, 16 October 2023 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Skyplex 2015.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Skyplex 2015.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 19:16, 14 November 2023 (UTC)