Tomasz A. Wegrzanowski. Wikipedian from Dolny Slask, Poland.
I also contribute to Polish wikipedia. See my page on Polish wikipedia.
Articles started by me:
- Acetylene (translation from Polish wikipedia)
- Alkene (translation from Polish wikipedia)
- Alkyne (translation from Polish wikipedia)
- Allene (translation from Polish wikipedia)
- Diene (translation from Polish wikipedia)
- Drug Mix (Probably should be merged with Drug)
- ELIZA (imported from FOLDOC)
- ELIZA effect (imported from FOLDOC)
- Endosymbiont (I'll have to check this article again)
- Interpreter (imported from FOLDOC)
- Just another Perl hacker (imported from FOLDOC)
- List of algorithms (was made by me as part of Algorithms on Wikipedia, split later by somebody else)
- Political parties of the world (I put this into Politics, split into independent article by somebody else)
- Security through obscurity (imported from FOLDOC)
- Syntactic sugar (imported from FOLDOC)
- Waterfall Model (imported from FOLDOC)
- maybe some others
- Also I've split away some articles like Big O anime, Class in object-oriented programming, Mathematical class and Viz.
- I modified a lot of articles, but I won't list them, 'cause I don't remember half of them.
- / Talk and # REDIRECT pages started by me are not included on the list.
I also added images to following articles (I made most of these images for Polish wikipedia, they are public domain):
- Acetone (acetone)
- Acetylene (ethine)
- Alkane (ethan, propane, n-butane, isobutane, cyclobutane, pentane, hexane, heptane, octane, methylobuthan, dimethylopropane)
- Alkene (ethene)
- Alkyne (ethine)
- Allene (plopyl allene)
- Amine (primary, secondary and tertiary amines, ammonia)
- Ammonia (ammonia)
- Aromatic hydrocarbon (benzene, toluene, naphtalene)
- Carbohydrate (glucose, fructose, ribose, deoxyribose)
- Diene (1,3-butadiene)
- Ester (ester, esterification, ester decomposition)
- Ethene (ethene)
- Hemoglobin (hem)
- Heroin (heroin)
- Isopropyl alcohol (isopropyl alcohol)
- Ketone (ketone group, acetone)
- Morphine (morphine)
- Quinine (quinine)
- There are more images I made for wikipedia - complete list is on my page on Polish wikipedia in directory http://wiki.rozeta.com.pl/img/taw/
If you want image of chemical compound, list it here.
- (place for requests for chemical compounds)
Of course starting articles isn't main form of contribution on Wikipedia.
Rules I proposed:
- Always fill Summary field
- Always list homepage of person or organization article is about
I'm generally for Scientific Point of View, which sometimes, but not very often,
is in conflict with Strictly Neutral Point of View.
I'm also very annoyed by links like this: [ [ X ] ] s, and I often change them to correct [ [ X | Xs ] ].
Immediately before replying to emotional subject, one should make useful neutral contribution to wikipedia,
like starting or editing an article
It's impossible and useless to stop people from emotional discussions.
I think that human emotions should be exploited by such informal standard.
It may also temperate discussion, as people won't reply immediately after they got angry.
I hereby promise to more or less satisfy this Proposal, even if I were the only one who do it.
- Jimbo Wales, especially I will do this before arguing with The Cunc. I promise. It's a great idea.
- sodium who rapidly sees what little spare time he has diffusing away :)
- Ed Poor, hoping this will reduce friction with scientists and others regarding controversial topics.