|This user account is a bot operated by Mike Christie (talk). It is used to make repetitive automated or semi-automated edits that would be extremely tedious to do manually, in accordance with the bot policy. The bot is approved and currently active – the relevant request for approval can be seen here. |
Administrators: if this bot is malfunctioning or causing harm, please block it.
As of 17 November 2022, this bot has taken over the GA-related functions of Legobot. These include:
- Update WP:GAN with the current GA nominees, including showing the review status and reviewer information.
- Update the related topic lists that show subsets of GA nominees.
- Transclude a newly created GA review onto the article talk page, and change the status to "onreview".
- Leave messages on user talk pages when a GA review passes, fails, is placed on hold, or is marked as needing a second opinion
- Update User:GA bot/Stats with GA reviewing statistics.
- Add the good article icon when an article passes.
- Add the oldid to the GA template on the talk page after the article passes.
This bot updates the following once every twenty minutes:
Reproductions of existing Legobot GAN pages:
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Agriculture, food and drink
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Art and architecture
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Engineering and technology
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Geography and places
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/History
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Language and literature
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Mathematics and mathematicians
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Media and drama
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Music
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Natural sciences
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Philosophy and religion
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Social sciences and society
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Sports and recreation
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Video games
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Warfare
- Wikipedia:Good article nominations/Topic lists/Miscellaneous
- User:GA bot/Stats
New formats (not currently maintained):
- User:ChristieBot/GANoms Single Table
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Art and architecture
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Engineering and technology
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Geography and places
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/History
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Language and literature
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Mathematics and mathematicians
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Media and drama
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Music
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Natural sciences
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Philosophy and religion
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Social sciences and society
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Sports and recreation
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Video games
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Warfare
- User:ChristieBot/Topic lists/Miscellaneous
It also writes to User talk:ChristieBot/GAN errors for error messages and alerts.
Source code: User:ChristieBot/Source code
Differences from Legobot
- GAN entry format differs slightly from the format used by Legobot
- Determines reviewer by who created the review page. Legobot appears to parse the signature at the top, which leads to this happening. I don't know if Legobot would have counted another review for the second reviewer in this case. ChristieBot does not.
- The second opinion and hold timestamps are taken from the time of the bot run, not from the time the reviewer changed the status
- ChristieBot maintains a list of GA subpages in order to accurately reflect reviewing statistics and provide reporting capabilities. This data is sometimes incomplete; a list of pages for which ChristieBot could not fully determine the relevant data is here.
- GA proposal drive tasks to be implemented
- Props 30 and 34: Add categories separating GAs by month and year of promotion and a page for former GAs.
- New tasks
- On fail, add the oldid to the FailedGA template or Article history template if the user has not done so.
- Take over Legobot task 18 -- add oldid to GA templates that lack it
Known issues that need to be fixed
- If an article on review is moved, the bot records a fail under the old name and "on review" under the new name. In this case it should not notify the nominator of the fail.
- Try removing recalculations from end of nom init to save time
- Changes to shortdesc parameter in the GAN template don't trigger a refresh of the nomination's entry on GAN.
- Invalid characters in original nominators (in historical_GA_reviews) of GARed articles cause a crash
- See Mongolia at the 2018 Winter Olympics; review page deleted, old nominee template left in but a new one added; then old one deleted. Should detect more than one nominee template on the page.
- If the article is reviewed and passed in a single turn, the bot complains about not being able to find the template. It shouldn't complain if the article has been made a GA.
- The good article template should be added below the short description template, if there is one.
- The incompletely moved pages report showed Eugenia Tucker Fitzgerald as a problem but it was a deletion, not a move.
- The good article template should be below the short description and hatnote, if those are present, per MOS:ORDER.