There are strange things done, when there is no sun, by meteorologists.
They use their PCs, while their fingers freeze, making Wikipedia lists.
In the Northern night, where the snow lies white, as they huddle 'round their 'scopes,
As their lips turn blue, that hardy crew, often speaks of their childhood hopes,
Not to monitor storms, in some place warm, like Bermuda or the Carribee,
But to freeze one's butt, up in Nunavut, just like old Sam McGee.
On editing Wikipedia:
Answerable to everyone; responsible to all; publicity dissected brain cells splattered on the walls of encyclopedic knowledge. May be barbaric but it's fun.— Ian Anderson, Quizz Kid from Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die!
- One of the most common errors seen in notices in Nunavut is the mistake made over the use of "residents" and "residence".
- With images it turns out that a long lingering death is very important.
- Just in case you were not sure what part of the world the Yukon was in.
- Due to the traffic problem in the Arctic it is very important to use the car park.
- Well I've never been accused of suppressing an opposing viewpoint from behind the wall of academic objectivity. before.
- Feel the Inukness, there is no explaining this.
- Qanurli? What Now? spoofs the Old Spice ads.
- Canadian use of unusual modes of transportation. Read both edit summaries.
- An article that was transferred over to the German language Wikipedia was put up for deletion and a bot left me a message. I wasn't to sure what it said so I stuck it into Google Translate. According to Google they have an "argument-oriented discussion" that consists of "seven days of fighting talk." Life is tough over there.
- Conflict of interest is not a good thing but this is funny. A user registers an account with one purpose in mind, to edit an article about an airline in Whitehorse, Yukon. An IP, that locates to Whitehorse, objects. However, the registered user has their own feelings about this.
- So is that all I am worth?
- So IP makes a protection request but forgets to sign. Cyberbot I arrives to point out that the request does not follow the correct format (scroll down to see the big error message that the lack of signature causes). A few minutes later the bot returns to tell itself that the message it left can't be parsed.
- Ms Sarah Welch makes a request for page protection which is done by Ymblanter. I don't notice this and do this. I then see the conflict and restore the original protection and mention this at the RFPP. Next move and here.
- Just call me Mario.
- Ponyo protects Azealia Banks. Dlohcierekim notes this at Wikipedia:Requests for page protection but in doing so makes Ponyo a period of time.
- Corporal Frisk’s Guide to how to Spell Aircrafts [sic] Correctly but spelt wrong!
One of the things I enjoy about Wikipedia is learning something new. So rather than just write about myself, you will have to follow the links.
I'm first name last name and my website can be found here with a lot of my pictures.
I was born on the same day that Concepción, Chile suffered an earthquake in the same year that Cortina d'Ampezzo held the Winter Olympics. The town was still in this county though today it is part of this city.
The first place I remember living was in this county just down the street from the station and very close to a minor landmark. We would ride to the station here where my father worked.
After a few years we moved but only stayed for a year. Next we moved to here, which is very close to a more famous place. There were several things of interest in the area such as this and this. Of course this imaginary line was here but at the time I did not know that it would rule my working life.
Later we moved and lived there for a few years. While there I met this author and these two bass players. Both of them lived in the area, the first here and the second on this island. Another island close by was noted for its gardens created by Sir James.
In the same year that this was discovered I emigrated, having been offered a job. I was first posted to Taloyoak and after a year was transferred to Holman. I got married, had two kids and after 20 years we moved and I've lived here ever since.
For most of the past 30 years I have worked as an observer and that's where the reference above fits.
For those of you interested in such things I made my first edit and have worked on these ever since. I have also added a few articles here and like to spend time here. In October 2005 I became an Administrator.
|This tireless contributor deserves applause—and a sausage.|
|This user urged 22.214.171.124 to get an account.|
|CambridgeBayWeather has earned a Cernen's Plusbox for being per'aps one of the most strange, witty, and insightful people at the Reference Desk.|
Cernen 21:26, 17 December 2005 (UTC)
Francis K. J. Dechert known as Franamax on Wikipedia
Entered into rest November 25, 2012
"In remembering Franamax, I smile. He will be missed." Jimbo Wales
In mourning his death we remember his life, celebrating his legacy and our good fortune to have shared the honour of his association. RIP (condolences)
- Airport Manager (talk · contribs) sockpuppet account
- CambridgeBayWeather (mobile) (talk · contribs)
- Cambridge Bay Weather (talk · contribs) doppelgänger account
- CambridgeBayWeather Commons
- CambridgeBayWeather Meta
- CambridgeBayWeather Wikiquote
- CambridgeBayWeather Wikisource
- CambridgeBayWeather Wiktionary
- CambridgeBayWeather Wikibooks
- Wikipedia:Village pump (technical)/Archive 135#Cremation or burial?
|User rights modified||8|
- Committed identity: 0db24f911b4649d6e7ddeb40ae704692219a47994ba208d70b697320b18f9446342de271e3513df8896d00812d5c44afe9fa6b353ffb7b9fa72c88b78df6b26f is a SHA-512 commitment to this user's real-life identity.