جامعہ وسطی پنجاب
|Motto||"The centre of your future"|
|Higher Education Commission (Pakistan)|
Pakistan Engineering Council
Pharmacy Council of Pakistan
Pakistan Bar Council
|Chairman||Mian Amer Mahmood|
1, Khayaban-e-Jinnah Road, Johar Town,
According to the HEC ranking 2022, its business school is on seventh ranking in Lahore.
On 15 August 1996, The Punjab Group of Colleges petitioned Government of Punjab for the establishment of a university in the province. Punjab Institute of Computer Science (PICS), Punjab College of Commerce (PCC) and Punjab College of Information Technology (PCIT) formed the core of the university at the time of establishment.
Following a restructuring in 2004, the PCBA and PICS operate under the Faculty of Management Studies and Faculty of Information Technology of the University of Central Punjab respectively. The Punjab Colleges of Commerce and the Punjab Law College respectively function under the Faculties of Commerce and of Law of the University of Central Punjab. The Faculty of Engineering (FOE) was introduced in 2002.
The university is located opposite Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre on Khayaban-e-Jinnah road Lahore. It covers an area of 500,000 square feet. The campus was built in 2010 and consists of five blocks. There is an auditorium block consisting of 300 seats. It houses a number of facilities, both curricular and co-curricular in nature.
The library of the university has an academic collection of more than 40,000 books from various disciplines being taught at the university. The collection in the library is arranged according to a specific classification scheme is known as Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) scheme.
The university consists of the following faculties:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- School of Media and Communication Studies
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Information Technology and Computer Science
- Faculty of Language & Literature
- Faculty of Science & Technology
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Muhammad Ali Jinnah University, Karachi
- University of Central Punjab, Lahore
- Capital University of Science & Technology, Islamabad
- Allied Schools
- "Dr Nassar Joins UCP as pro-rector". The Nation (newspaper). 25 April 2021. Retrieved 11 December 2021.
- Riazul Haq (23 February 2016). "(Higher Education Commission) HEC announces university rankings". The Express tribune (newspaper). Retrieved 25 March 2023.
- "Profile of University of Central Punjab". Higher Education Commission of Pakistan website. Retrieved 11 December 2021.
- "Ranking of Higher Education Institutions (scroll down to Business Category to read University of Central Punjab, Lahore ranked no. 9 in Pakistan)" (PDF). Higher Education Commission of Pakistan website. 23 February 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016. Retrieved 25 March 2023.