|Udgam School for Children|
Opp. Sardar Patel Institute
|School type||Private school|
|School board||Central Board of Secondary Education, International Baccalaureate|
|Area trustee||Kantilal Jaikishandas Charitable Trust|
|Principal||Dr G. Vijayalakshmi (Morning Shift) & Ms Dhanya Ramachandran (Noon Shift)|
|Classes||Playgroup to Std. XII|
Udgam School for Children is private running school located at Thaltej, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is a senior secondary school affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi. In 2023 they got an approval for International Baccalaureate for Std 11 & Std 12.
Kerala flood donation
In 2018, teachers of Udgam School donated their one-day salary for Kerala Flood victims, which is sum of nearly Rs 6.5 lakhs. Also, students of the school raised nearly 3.5 Lakhs for the flood victim
Female school bus driver
Sanitary napkin vending machines for students
KBD Junior Pro League Champion
Total 24 team were part of this tournament and out all team from Udgam School won the trophy by beating Vedanta School
World's Youngest Computer Programmer
Udgam alumni have come together to raise funds for the medical treatment of Shubha Godbole, a former teacher at Udgam School. She was diagnosed with Acute myeloid leukemia, a life-threatening Blood cancer, and requires Chemotherapy, Stem cell transplantation, and other treatments. The estimated cost of the treatment is around Rs 3.5 million, but the family could only manage to collect Rs 1 million. To bridge the financial gap, they turned to a crowdfunding platform for assistance. This initiative aims to support Godbole's medical journey and alleviate the financial burden on her family.
- On 5 April 2022, around 5000 students had to wait outside the school due to school bus mismanagement. The parents were not allowed to visit the school office to discuss the same issue. The parents were allowed in only after police intervened. After this incident District Education Officer sent a notice to the school management.
- Correspondent, dna (3 April 2019). "Global Indian International School was not cooperating: DEO report to FRC". DNA India. India: Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Complete Information Form". cbseaff.nic.in. Central Board of Secondary Education. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Udgam school gets IB World School affiliation". Ahmedabad Mirror. Retrieved 8 July 2023.
- "Udgam School for Children". EducationWorld. 19 February 2013. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Udgam School for Children – CBSE School in Ahmedabad". LearnPick. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- Correspondent, dna (28 August 2018). "Kerala floods: Ahmedabad school teachers give 1-day salary to support schools in Kerala". DNA India. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "School children collect funds for Kerala flood victims". UdaipurTimes.com. 30 August 2018. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "CAT 2017: Logical reasoning stumps management aspirants". Ahmedabad Mirror. 27 November 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "women bus driver: अहमदाबाद: शबाना-रेखा बनीं शहर की पहली महिला स्कूल बस ड्राइवर – shabana shaikh, rekha kahar become first batch of school bus drivers". Navbharat Times (in Hindi). 28 November 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- Dave, Harita (7 January 2018). "Thaltej: Udgam School for Children instals sanitary napkin vending machines for students". Ahmedabad Mirror. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Udgam School are Kabaddi Jr Pro champs". Ahmedabad Mirror. 15 August 2019. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- "Six-year-old sets new Guinness record | Ahmedabad News". The Times of India. 10 November 2020. Retrieved 29 December 2020.
- "6-Yr-Old from Ahmedabad is the World's Youngest Programmer. What Were You Doing at that Age?". in.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 21 November 2020.
- "Udgam alumni raise funds for ex-teacher's treatment". The Times of India. 23 April 2023. ISSN 0971-8257. Retrieved 8 July 2023.
- "Children Wait In Scorching Heat As School Bungles Transportation | Ahmedabad News – Times of India". The Times of India. TNN. 5 April 2022. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- "Notice To Udgam After Bus Mess Scorches Kids | Ahmedabad News – Times of India". The Times of India. TNN. 6 April 2022. Retrieved 8 April 2022.
- "DEO notice to Udgam School for Children". Ahmedabad Mirror. Retrieved 8 April 2022.