|Chee Teong Ooi (CEO)|
Number of employees
Travix International BV (in short, Travix) is a company that manages several travel websites operating in various countries. The company maintains headquarters in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Travix manages five websites: CheapTickets, BudgetAir, Vayama, Vliegwinkel and Flugladen. The company is affiliated with SGR, ANVR, IATA and the Dutch Home Shopping Organization. Travix has offices in the Netherlands, Dubai, India, Singapore, the UK and the USA.
CheapTickets and Vliegwinkel operate in the Netherlands and Germany (note: the Travix sites CheapTickets.nl and CheapTickets.de are not related to CheapTickets.com, which is owned by Orbitz); Vayama does business in the US, Canada, the UK, Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore; and BudgetAir has expanded from the Netherlands into Belgium, France and the UK.
Travix was established by a merger of CheapTickets (Beins Travel Group Ltd), Vliegwinkel, Flugladen, BudgetAir (Airtrade) and Vayama in January 2011. The oldest part of the company, Vliegwinkel.nl, was created by Airtrade in Haarlem and founded by Wim Butte and Andre Hesselink. Vliegwinkel.nl was the first online travel agency (OTA) in the Netherlands.
On October 4, 2018, international travel company BCD Group announced that it would take full ownership in Travix International BV after purchasing all outstanding shares from minority shareholder ING Corporate Investments. 
On September 22, 2020, Vayama announced its shutdown.
- "Travix announces new CEO to guide the travel brand into the future". Travix.
- "Travix part of Trip.com". Travix.
- "About Travix". Travix.
- May, Kevin (August 19, 2011). "EasyToBook sold to BCD Holdings leisure mega-group Travix". Phocuswire.
- "Travix - BCD Group".
- "BCD Group increases investment in inline travel company Travix".
- "Parent company CheapTickets and Vliegwinkel purchased by Chinese travel giant".
- Media related to Travix International at Wikimedia Commons