|Acting Prime Minister of Eswatini|
13 December 2020 – 19 July 2021
|Preceded by||Ambrose Mandvulo Dlamini|
|Succeeded by||Cleopas Dlamini|
|Deputy Prime Minister of Eswatini|
|Assumed office |
6 November 2018
|Prime Minister||Ambrose Mandvulo Dlamini|
|Preceded by||Paul Dlamini|
|Prime Minister||Barnabas Sibusiso Dlamini|
|Succeeded by||Paul Dlamini|
|Minister for Finance|
November 1996 – November 1998
|Preceded by||Derek von Wissel|
|Succeeded by||John Philip Carmichael|
|Minister for Economic Planning and Development|
|Minister for Agriculture and Cooperatives|
|Born||7 July 1950|
Themba Nhlanganiso Masuku (born 7 July 1950) is a Swazi politician who has served as Deputy Prime Minister of Eswatini since 2018 and as Acting Prime Minister from 13 December 2020 to 16 July 2021. Earlier, he served as Deputy Prime Minister from 2008 until 2013.
In the 1990s, he filled various posts in the government of Swaziland, including Minister for Agriculture and Cooperatives, Minister for Economic Planning and Development, and Minister of Finance from 1996 to 1998. He then worked with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, as director of the liaison offices in Geneva and later New York. He was appointed Deputy Prime Minister in 2008 by King Mswati III and served in that position until 2013, when he became the regional administrator for the Shiselweni district.
Masuku returned to his position as Deputy Prime Minister when Prime Minister Ambrose Mandvulo Dlamini presented his cabinet in November 2018. He became acting prime minister after Dlamini's death on 13 December 2020. According to the Constitution of Eswatini, Themba Masuku was supposed to serve as Acting Prime Minister for a maximum period of three months. In June and July 2021, amidst police and army brutality, Masuku was criticized for his handling of the 2021 Eswatini Protests against the monarchy. In a sibaya on 16 July 2021, King Mswati replaced Masuku with Cleopas Dlamini as the new prime minister.
- https://www.sardc.net/editorial/sadctoday/documents/pre/SADC_TODAY_vol_1_2_April_1997.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "Eswatini king appoints new prime minister".
- "Swaziland's new Deputy Prime Minister hails from FAO". Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. 12 November 2008. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- "FAO - News Article: Swaziland's new Deputy Prime Minister hails from FAO". www.fao.org.
- "President Ma meets Swaziland Deputy Prime Minister Themba N. Masuku". Office of the President, Republic of China (Taiwan). 28 April 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- Prime Minister announces new cabinet
- Honourable Chief Ndlaluhlaza Ndwandwe officially sworn in as Minister of Public Works and Transport
- Eswatini Prime Minister dies from coronavirus infection in SA hospital
- "Eswatini – Constitution – 2005". Collaborative Africa Budget Reform Initiative (CABRI). Retrieved 14 December 2020.