|Translators||Ali Laraki, Juan Pedro Andújar García|
|Subject||Qur'an translation, Tafsir (Qur'anic exegesis)|
|Publisher||Tughra Books, The Light Inc|
The translation comes with interpretation and exposition on the meaning of Qur'anic verses in conjunction with Asbab al-Nuzul (the reasons for revelation or the circumstances of revelation) with extensive notes of explanation borrowed from various authoritative sources on the tafsir of the Qur'an. As Fethullah Gülen notes in his foreword to this work, Ünal "aims to present, for the benefit of everyone, any truth which he has found to be in compliance with the essentials of Islam."
The whole work was translated into Spanish by Ali Laraki and Juan Pedro Andújar García in 2009, under the title of El Sagrado Corán y Su Interpretación Comentada (English: The Holy Quran and its Interpretation Commented).
The translation is praised and recommended by Fetullah Gülen in his introduction to the work. In Islam & Science, Waleed Bleyhesh al-Amri wrote that Ünal appeared to be "fully conversant with Qurʾānic scholarship, both classical and recent, and with the norms of writing tafsīr". However, he believed that Ünal's translation contained too many explanatory parentheticals. On the book cover, Bernadette Andrea, B. Jill Carroll, Robert Hunt, and Scott C. Alexander also express their praise.
- Risale-i Nur
- The Majestic Quran: An English Rendition of Its Meanings
- English translations of the Quran
- List of translations of the Quran
- Ünal, Ali (2006). The Qurʼan with Annotated Interpretation in Modern English. Tughra Books. ISBN 9781597840002.
- "Translations of the Qur'an Part I". 19 November 2019. Archived from the original on 20 May 2021.
- Ali Ünal (2009). El Sagrado Coran y Su Interpretacion Comentada [The Holy Quran and its Interpretation Commented]. Translated by Ali Laraki; Juan Pedro ANdújar García. Editorial La Fuente. pp. 1470 pages. ISBN 9789752783133.
- Peter Barnes; Gregory Baum, eds. (2015). Conversations on Fethullah Gülen and the Hizmet Movement: Dreaming for a Better World. Lexington Books. p. 44. ISBN 9781498522724.
- al-Amri, Waleed Bleyhesh (Winter 2010). "Qur'ān Translation and Commentary: An Uncharted Relationship?". Islam & Science. Center for Islamic Sciences. 8 (2): 81–110. ISSN 1703-7603.