|Owner(s)||Jang Media Group|
|Founded||February 11, 1991|
The News International, published in broadsheet size, is one of the largest English language newspapers in Pakistan. It is published daily from Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi/Islamabad. An overseas edition is published from London that caters to the Pakistani community in the United Kingdom.
The News International was launched in 1991.
The News International and its Sunday version The News on Sunday is published by the Jang Group of Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Jang (جنگ), an Urdu language newspaper in Pakistan. Mir Khalil-ur-Rehman was the founder of the newspaper and his younger son, Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman, is the current chief executive officer and editor-in-chief.
The financial section of The News International contains stories taken from the British daily Financial Times. The weekend edition of The News International also contains a two-page magazine in the Chinese language that is produced and published by a Chinese company based in Islamabad.
Bahzad Alam Khan is currently serving as the Editor of the newspaper in Karachi.
Magazines and sections
The magazine section of the newspaper, include:
- Instep: The entertainment section of the newspaper. Published every Sunday. Previously had a daily edition called Instep Today that was discontinued in 2020.
- Us Magazine: youth magazine published every Friday.
- You: women's magazine published every Tuesday.
- The News on Sunday (TNS) Magazine
- Brown, Paul (2012-09-07). "Citizen Khan – view from abroad". BBC News. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- "All Pakistan Newspapers Society | Home". www.apns.com.pk. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- Profile of Pakistani newspaper The News International on mondotimes.com website, Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- Yusuf, Zohra (April 30, 2018). "The enduring credibility of print". Dawn.
- Pakistan profile – Media (in this article, read the list under 'Press' showing The News International), BBC News, Published 2 March 2017, Retrieved 22 September 2017
- "Media giants, relatives of ex-servicemen among owners of offshore firms". DAWN.com. 2021-10-05. Retrieved 2022-06-09.
- "Jang Group". pakistan.mom-rsf.org.