|Parliamentary copyright images are reproduced with the permission of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. They may be downloaded and reused without permission in any format subject to the following conditions:
- You should not adapt, alter or manipulate any of the images
- You should not use the images so as to bring Parliament into disrepute or use them in a deliberately misleading context
- You should not authorise others to re-use the images
- If a photographer’s name is published on parliament.uk they should be credited
- Photographs should not be used for marketing purposes or used for commercial gain
Due to conditions 1 and 5 above, Parliamentary copyright images are not compatible with free licenses. Thus, this is considered a non-free image for the purpose of Wikipedia.
However, it is believed that the use of this work qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law when used:
Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content and Wikipedia:Copyrights.
- To illustrate the object in question
- Where no free equivalent is available or could be created that would adequately give the same information
- On the English-language Wikipedia, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation