Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards
|Technology and Engineering Emmy Award|
|Awarded for||Outstanding achievement in technical or engineering development|
|Part of a series of articles about the|
|Children's & Family|
|News & Documentary Emmy|
The Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards, or Technology and Engineering Emmys, are one of two sets of Emmy Awards that are presented for outstanding achievement in engineering development in the television industry. The Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards are presented by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (NATAS), while the separate Primetime Engineering Emmy Awards are given by its sister organization the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS).
A Technology and Engineering Emmy can be presented to an individual, a company, or to a scientific or technical organization for developments and/or standardization involved in engineering technologies which either represent so extensive an improvement on existing methods or are so innovative in nature that they materially have affected the transmission, recording, or reception of television. The award is determined by a special panel composed of highly qualified, experienced engineers in the television industry.
The 72nd annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards were as follows.
- System to Measure Video Performances and Demographics across multiple platforms
- Pioneering Development and Deployment of Server-side Ad Manipulation and/or Playout for Adaptive Bitrate Video Distribution
- mDialog, Anvato (Google)
- This Technology (Comcast)
- Seawell (Commscope)
- TimeWarner Cable (Charter)
- Development of Open Perceptual Metrics for Video Encoding Optimization
- University of Southern California
- Université de Nantes
- University of Texas at Austin
- Development of the Event Signaling and Management API Standard
- Pioneering Deployment of the Event Signaling and Management API
- Time Warner Cable (Charter)
- Arris (Commscope)
- Envivio (MediaKind)
- RGB Networks
- This Technology (Comcast)
- Pioneering development of LED lighting for Television Production
- Litepanels LTD (Vitec Production Solutions)
- Cross-MVPD Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cable Network Video on Demand Content
- Canoe Ventures
- AI/Optimization for Real-Time Video Compression
- Amazon Web Services
- Invention and Pioneering Development of Intra-Pixel Charge Transfer CMOS Image Sensors
- Standardization of SMPTE ST 2110
- Common Encryption
- Content Delivery Networks
- Standardization and Commercialization of Television – Broadcast, Hybrid Electrical and Fiber-Optic Camera Cable and Connectors
- OLED Reference Monitors for Creative, Technical, Quality Control and Client Viewing
- Dynamic Metadata for optimal HDR and WCG color volume mapping
- Advanced Authoring Format
- AAF Association (AMWA)
- Avid Technology
- BBC Research & Development
- European Broadcasting Union
- Pioneering secure cloud-based VFX project management and collaboration at scale
- Development and Pioneering Deployment of Synchronized Local DMA Advertising Capability for DBS / MVPD’s
- Standardization of the ISO Base Media File Format
- File Format Subgroup under ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29/WG 3 (MPEG Systems)
- On-air Touch Screen for Data Visualization
- Development of Massive Processing Optimized Compression Technologies
- Newsroom Computer System (NRCS) used to plan and automate the production of linear live to air or live to recording news program
The 71st annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards were as follows.
- Pioneering System for Live Performance-Based Animation Using Facial Recognition
- HTML5 Development and Deployment of a Full TV Experience on Any Device
- Opera TV (Vewd)
- Pioneering Public Cloud Based Linear Media Supply Chains
- FOX NE&O (Walt Disney Television)
- Pioneering Development of Large Scale, Cloud Served, Broadcast Quality, Linear Channel Transmission to Consumers
- Sling TV
- Sony PlayStation Vue
- Early Development of HSM Systems that Created a Pivotal Improvement in Broadcast Workflows
- Dell (Isilon)
- Pioneering Development and Deployment of Hybrid Fiber Coax Network Architecture
- Cable Labs
- Pioneering Development of the CCD Image Sensor
- Bell Labs
- Michael Tompsett
- VoCIP (Video over Bonded Cellular Internet)
- AVI WEST
- TVU Networks
- Ultra-High Sensitivity HDTV Camera
- Development of Synchronized multi-channel uncompressed audio transport over IP Networks
- ALC NetworX
- Audio Engineering Society
- Kevin Gross
- Telos Alliance
The 70th annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards were as follows.
- Pioneering Development of Mobile X-Band Radar Trucks for Television Weather Forecasting and Reporting
- NBCUniversal Company Owned Stations
- Accelerated Media Technologies Inc.
- Enterprise Electronics Corporation (EEC)
- Automated Sound Conformation
- Sounds in Sync
- Synchro Arts
- The Cargo Cult
- 3D Engine Software for the Production of Animation
- Unity Technologies
- Epic Games Inc.
- Cost Effective Crowd Simulation Tools
- Pioneering Development of Packet Impairment Test Generator for SMPTE ST 2022 Digital Video over IP
- Development of a Ku Satellite-Based Communication System for Early Satellite Newsgathering
- Conus Communications (Hubbard Broadcasting)
- Large-Scale “At Home” Production for Live Sports
- NASCAR Productions
- PSSI Global Services
- Big Ten Network
- Large-Scale Distributed Production for Live Sports
- NBC Sports
- Standardization of HTML5, Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) and Media Source Extensions (MSE) for a Full TV Experience
- Pioneering Reliable Transmission Method for Live Contribution and Distribution TV Links
- Net Insight
- AVI West
- Pioneering Development of the Single-Chip Color Camera
- Peter Dillon
- Al Brault
The 69th annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards were as follows.
- Contextual Voice Navigation for Discovering and Interacting with TV Content
- Universal Electronics Inc (UEI)
- Apple TV
- Nuance Dragon TV
- Low Latency Remote Controlled Airborne Video Platforms (non-military) for Television
- John McGraw
- PictorVision Inc.
- Aerial MOB LLC
- Astraeus Aerial
- Flying Cam Inc.
- Vortex Aerial
- Helivideo Productions LLC
- Snaproll Media LLC
- Pioneering and Productization of Supporting Digital Video Using SDI Over Fiber-Optic
- British Telecom
- Pioneering Development of a Computerized Hard-Disk Storage Based Digital Non-Linear, Multi-Stream Multi-Camera System
- Avid Technology
- Heavyworks (Edit Share)
- Pioneering Development of a Portable, Battery Powered Audio/Video Test Signal Generator
- Development of Integrated Consumer Video Conferencing Service into Broadcast Production Environments and Workflows
- Video Identification Technology to Protect Content Value and Copyright
- Audible Magic
- Friend MTS
- Expanding-Side Television Production Mobile Units
- CBS Television Network
- The Gerstenslager Company
- A Three Dimensional Doppler Radar System to Track and Display Fast Moving Pitched and Hit Balls
- MLB Advanced Media
- ChyronHego Corporation
The 68th annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards were as follows.
- Live Production Technology Beyond HD to Achieve Non-Interpolated Video for Instant Replay
- Concept of Opto-Electric Transduction
- Telcon (Alcatel Lucent-Submarine Networks)
- Society of Telegraph Engineers (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Development and Standardization of Media Object Server (MOS) Protocol
- Media Object Server (MOS) Group
- System for Executing Targeted Household Advertising on Linear Television
- Invidi Technologies
- Visible World
- Pioneering Invention and Deployment of Fiber Optic Cable
- Pioneering Technology to Automate the Digital On-Line Assembly of Broadcast Content
- IBM Corporation
- Laser Pacific/SCAA (Technicolor)
The 67th annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards were as follows.
- Pioneering Optimization of Advertising Placement in Single Channel Linear Television Programs
- Standardization and Pioneering Development of Non-Live Broadband Captioning
- Home Box Office (HBO)
- Open Modular Platform for Broadcast and Production Distribution and Conversion Equipment
- Development and Standardization of HDBaseT Connectivity Technology for Commercial and Residential HDMI/DVI Installations
- Phonetic Indexing and Timing
- Nexidia Inc.
- Steganographic Technologies for Audio/Video
- Pre-production Visualization System
- Innoventive Software
- Robert Abel
- The Concept of Scanning for Image Transmission
- Alexander Bain
- Pioneering Development of Data Driven Traffic Systems for Multichannel Environments
- Management Science Associates, Inc
- Development of Enabling Technology for High Density Video Switching and Routing Solutions
- Closed-loop Statistical Multiplexing of Geographically Distributed Encoders
The 66th annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards were as follows.
- Pioneering Development of 2nd Screen Navigable Mosaic for Direct Programmer Offerings to Consumers via the Internet
- Development of Low Latency Video Streaming Live Captioning Systems
Recommended Practice on Techniques for Establishing and Maintaining Audio Loudness for Digital Television
- ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee
- Television Enhancement Devices
- Non-Live Large Scale Online Video Systems
- Personalized Recommendation Engines for Video Discovery (PREVD) for MVPD’s
- Jinni (search engine)
- Think Analytics
- Digital Smiths
- Standardization and Productization of JPEG2000 (J2K) Interoperability
- Video Services Forum
- Media Links
- DVBlink, Inc.
- Harris Corporation
- Artel Video Systems Inc.
- Innovation in Improving Engagement Around Television in Social media
- Secure Accelerated File Movement over IP including the Internet
- Pioneering Delivery of Pay TV Linear Video to Consumer Owned and Managed Devices Over a High Speed Data Connection
- Multi-format HDTV CCD Camera
LDK6000, DPM CCD Multi-format HDTV Camera System
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- Panasonic (Matsushita Electric)
- Silicon Image
- Technicolor (Thomson)
- High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
- Development, Standardization And Productization Of The High Definition Serial Digital Interface
- Personalized Recommendation Engines For Video Discovery
- In-Camera Electronic Compensation For Lateral Chromatic Aberrations In External Lenses
- Inexpensive Small Rugged HD Camcorders
- Pioneering Wearable Camera Stabilizer Platforms
- Garrett Brown
- Pioneering Analog Video Repositioner
- Steven Rutt
- Robert A. Diamond
- Gesture Control Systems For Video And Games (Non-Touch Screen)
- Pioneering Work In Implementation And Deployment Of Network DVR
- Time Warner Cable
- Thirdspace (Velocix, Alcatel-Lucent)
- Pioneering Development Of Video On Demand (VOD) Dynamic Advertising Insertion
- Time Warner Cable
- N2 Broadband - Ericsson Television
- Development And Standardization Of The MPEG-2 Transport Stream
- ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11 Moving Picture Experts Group
- Eco-system for Real Time Presentation of TV Content to Mobile Devices without the use of Specialized Television Hardware.
- The Development and Commercialization of Analog Local Cable Video Ad Insertion.
- Cablevision Systems
- MTV Networks
- Texscan-MSI, Inc.
- The Development and Commercialization of Cable Interconnects for Local Video Ad Insertion
- Time Warner Cable
- NCC Media
- The Development and Commercialization for Digital Infrastructure for Local Cable Ad Insertion
- Harmonic Inc.
- SeaChange International
- Pioneering On-Screen Interactive Program Guides.
- Insight (now Rovi Corporation)
- Pioneering Development of Event Driven Control Room Automation Systems for Production of Live Television Shows, which Encompasses Full Control of Robotic Cameras, Audio, Graphics and Video Sources.
- Parkervision (Grass Valley)
- Pioneering Development and Deployment of Aspect Ratio Control Technologies and Systems For Letterbox Images within Consumer Devices.
- Warner Brothers
- Sam Runco
- Development of Electronic Mastering System for Large Scale Content Customization, Transcoding and Distribution.
- Pioneering Development of Multi-Room DVR.
- Time Warner Cable
- IRND Filter Technology for Digital Motion Picture Cameras.
- The Tiffen Company
- Schneider Optics Inc.
- Improvements to Large Format CMOS Imagers for Use in High Definition Broadcast Video Cameras.
- Arnold & Richter Cine Technik (ARRI)
- Canon USA, INC
- RED Studios
- Sony Electronics
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Manolo Romero, managing director, Olympic Broadcasting Services
- Local Cable Ad Insertion Technology - Cable Digital Standards for Local Cable Advertising
- The System for Automated Migration of Media Assets
- Samma (Front Porch Digital)
- Pioneering Development of Large-Venue, Large-Screen Direct View Color Video Displays
- Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc. - Diamond Vision Systems
- Shuji Nakamura, Professor / University of California - Santa Barbara
- Pioneering Development and Deployment of Active Format Description and Aspect Ratio Control Technologies and Systems
- DTG - Digital TV Group
- NBC Universal
- Ericsson - Ericsson Television
- Miranda Technologies
- Development of Integrated, Deployable Systems for Live Reporting from Remote Environments
- David Bloom
- MTN Satellite Communications
- Standardization of Loudness Metering for Use in Broadcast Audio
- ITU-R Study Group 6 / International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
- Communications Research Centre
- Dr. Gilbert Soulodre
- Craig Todd
- Development of Professional Tapeless Portable Acquisition Systems Using Affordable Media
- Sony Corporation
- Pioneering Development of Removable Solid State Media for Video Camera/Recorders (Camcorders)
- Panasonic Corporation
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Technology and Engineering
- Sir Howard Stringer, chairman and CEO of Sony Corporation
- For Development and Production of Portable Tapeless Acquisition
- Avid Technology, Inc.
- Ikegami Co. LTD
- The Belt Pack
- Distributed Amplifier Systems in Live Production
- Stan Hubler
- Dough Leighton
- Bob Cohen
- Charlie Butten
- RTS Systems, Inc.
- Clear-Com (HME)
- Development of Wireless Intercom
- HME (HM Electronics, Inc.)
- RTS Systems, Inc.
- Development of Audio Meta Data Process for conforming audio the ATSC digital TV standard
- Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
- Linear Acoustic, Inc.
- Enabling Standards for the delivery of television via broadband data systems
- HD Super Motion Systems for acquisition, recording and Playback for Broadcast Entertainment and Sports Productions
- NAC Image Technology, Inc.
- EVS Broadcast Equipment, Inc.
- Vision Research (An AMETEK® Company)
- Grass Valley Group
- Sony Corporation
- Blue Laser Optical Systems for Consumer Playback
- Sony Corporation
- Royal Philips Electronics
- Panasonic Corporation
- TDK Corporation
- For its Audience Measurement Technology System
- NIELSEN CORPORATION
- For its Pioneering Development in Electronic Prompting
- For its Pioneering Development of MSDC High Power Amplifiers
- For its Pioneering Efforts in Development, Implementation of Network Distribution workflows for ATSC DTV Development
- FOX (Transmission Operations Center)
- PBS (The Public Broadcasting Service)
- For The Development of NTSC Television
- THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
- CEA (Radio Manufacturers Association)
- THE NTSC
- For Pioneering Development of Automatic Transmitter Identification for Satellite Television Communications
- HBO (Home Box Office)
- ELMER MUSSER
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Technology & Engineering
- Ivan G. Seidenberg, chairman and chief executive officer of Verizon Communications Inc.
- Serial Interface and Protocols for Server/VTR control
- Delivery Confirmation Systems
- Development and Standardization of File Formats for Video and Audio
- Pioneering Development of MPEG-4 AVC systems for HDTV
- Pioneering RF Combiners for Adjacent Channels on Common Antenna Systems
- Harris Corporation
- Micro Communications Inc. (MCI)
- Radio Frequency Systems (RFS)
- Ongoing live global HD cinemacasting
- Developing HDMI
- Silicon Image
- Thomson Multimédia
- Japan Aviation Electronics (JAE)
- Standardization of the ATSC Digital System
- Advisory Committee on Advanced Television Service
- Advanced Television System Committee
- Advanced Television Test Center
- Advanced Television Evaluation Laboratory
- MPEG-4 AVC Standard
- Video Coding Experts Group (VCEG)
- Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG)
The Emmy Awards for ATSC broadcast transmission system RF filters:
The Emmy Awards for Development… of interactive Video on Demand infrastructure and signaling, leading to large scale VOD implementations:
The Emmy Award for Coaxial cable technology:
The Emmy Award for Pioneering development of a fully monitored fiber optic based digital network… at shared use sports venues:
The Emmy Award for Development and implementation of an integrated and portable IP-based live, edit and store-and-forward digital newsgathering system:
The Emmy Awards for Monitoring for compliance standards for ATSC & DVB transport streams:
- Rohde & Schwarz
- Pixelmetrix Corporation
The advanced media technology winners for Science, Engineering & Technology for Broadband & Personal Television:
The Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for Best Use of Commercial Advertising on Personal Computer:
The Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for Best Use for Creation and Distribution of Interactive Commercial Advertising Delivered Through Digital Set Top Boxes:
The Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for Synchronous Enhancement of Original Television Content for Interactive Use (Two Screen Environment TV /PC or TV / Mobile Device):
- March Madness on Demand, CBSSports.com/CBS Sports
The Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for Creation of Non-Traditional Programs or Platforms:
- MTV's Virtual Laguna Beach, MTV Networks
The Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for Best Use of Personal Media Display and Presentation Technology (PSP, Cell Phone, Personal Media Player, Mobile Devices):
The Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for Best Use of "On Demand" (Consumer Scheduled or Programmed) Technology Over Broadband Networks for Active "lean-forward" Viewing:
The Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for Best Use of "On Demand" for Passive "lean-backward" Viewing:
- Switched Digital Video: Revolutionizing TV, Time Warner Cable/BigBand Networks
Following are the winners for Engineering & Technology for Creation and Implementation of Video Games and Platforms:
The Awards for Game Controller Innovation:
- Nintendo DS, Nintendo,
- Wii, Nintendo
The Awards for Handheld Game Device Display Screen Innovation:
- Football & Auto Race – Mattel Electronics
- Atari Lynx – Atari Corporation
- Nintendo DS – Nintendo
The Awards for User-Generated Content - Game Modification:
- Pinball Construction Set – Bill Budge & Electronic Arts
- Quake – John Carmack & id Software
- Second Life – Philip Rosedale & Linden Lab
The Award for Physics Engines:
The Awards for Development of Massively Multiplayer Online Graphical Role Playing Games (MMORPG):
- Neverwinter Nights – Don Daglow & Stormfront Studios, AOL-Time Warner, Wizards of the Coast,
- EverQuest – Sony Online Entertainment
- World of Warcraft – Mike Morhaime & Blizzard Entertainment
The Awards for Visual Digital Content Creation Tools and their Impact:
- Maya, Autodesk
- 3D Studio Max, Autodesk
SOURCE: National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
Pioneering Development of On Screen Display (OSD) for Setup, Control and Configuration of Consumer Television Equipment
Streaming Media Architectures and Components
- Adobe Systems Inc.
Pioneering Development for Combining Multiple Transport Streams Which Are Already Encoded, Using Rate-Shaping and Statistical Re-multiplexing
- Terayon Communication Systems, Inc.
Development and Implementation of Automatically Assembled Dynamic Customized TV Advertising
- Visible World
- The Weather Channel
Technology Advances in Serial Digital Interface Solutions, Enabling Over 20 Years of Seamless Studio and Broadcast Infrastructure Migration
- Gennum Corporation
Privately Owned and Operated International Satellite Company Primarily for International Video Services
- Rene Anselmo, PanAmSat
Advanced Media Technology for the Synchronous Enhancement of Original Television Content
- DirecTV Interactive Sports – DirecTV
Advanced Media Technology for the Non-Synchronous Enhancement of Original Television Content
- The-N.com Video Mixer – The N
Advanced Media Technology for the Creation of Non-Traditional Programs or Platforms
- The Slingbox – Sling Media
Advanced Media Technology for the Best Use of Personal Media Display and Presentation Technology
- Xross Media Bar – Sony Computer Entertainment
Advanced Media Technology for the Best Use of “On Demand” Technology Over Private (closed) Networks
- Time Warner Cable’s Start Over – Time Warner Cable
- Concurrent Computer Corp.
- Big Band Networks
- Harmonic Inc.
- Scientific Atlanta.
Advanced Media Technology for the Best Use of “On Demand” Technology Over the Public (open) Internet
- Stim TV – NPOWR
Advanced Media Technology for Best Use by Commercials in Creation and Use in Non Traditional Platforms and Technologies
- TiVo Interactive Advertising Platform – TiVo Inc.
Peripheral Development and Technological Impact of Video Game Controllers
- Nintendo, for the D-pad innovation on the NES/Famicon controller
- Sony Computer Entertainment America, for the Dual Shock Analog Controller.
Development of 3D Software Engines
- John Carmack
- id Software
Pioneering Work in Near and Real-Time Fully Programmable Shading Via Modern Graphics Processors
- NVIDIA Corporation
- RCA-TTE, For Pioneering Development of On Screen Display (OSD) for Setup, Control and Configuration of Consumer Television Equipment
- Microsoft, Adobe Systems, RealNetworks, and Apple Computer, Inc., For Streaming Media Architectures and Components
- Terayon Communication Systems, Inc., For pioneering Development for Combining Multiple transport Streams Which Are Already Encoded, Using Rate-Shaping and Statistical Re-multiplexing
- Visible World and The Weather Channel, For Development and Implementation of automatically Assembled Dynamic Customized TV Advertising
- Gennum Corp., For Technology Advances in Serial Digital Interface Solutions, enabling Over 20 Years of Seamless Studio and Broadcast Infrastructure migration.
- The-N.com (a website associated with The N television channel) for Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for the Non-Synchronous Enhancement of Original Television Programming, for the Video Masher.
- Ampex and ABC, For slow-motion color recording and playback for broadcast
- ABC, PBS, and Consumer Electronics Association, For closed caption standardization
- The WB and IBM, For pioneering development of locally integrated and branded content using IP Store and forward technology
- Canon USA Inc., Fujinon, and Thales Angeniux, For lens technology developments for solid state imagers cameras in high definition formats
- AT&T For the first intercontinental satellite TV transmission.
- Sharp, for development of Direct View Liquid Crystal Display Screens
- Philips, for development of UHP Lamps
- Len Reiffel, for pioneering efforts in the invention of the Telestrator
- Echostar and DirecTV for pioneering Efforts in the Development of Spot Beam Satellites for Distribution of Local Broadcast Channels Directly to Home Receivers
- nCUBE, Concurrent, and SeaChange, for development, productization, and commercialization of video server technology leading to large-scale VOD implementations
- Turner Networks For Pioneering Efforts in the Development of Automated, Server-Based Closed Captioning Systems. Development was performed by XOrbit, also awarded.
- Thales Broadcast & Multimedia For Pioneering Development of Digital Modulator Adaptive Pre-Correction for ATSC 8VSB Digital Transmitter Systems
- Thomson Broadcast & Media Solutions For Development And Application Of Sub-Pixel Imaging Devices For Television Cameras
- Dolby Laboratories, Jim Fosgate, and Peter Scheiber For Development of Surround Sound for Television
- Texas Instruments DLP Products For Pioneering Development of mass-produced digital reflective imaging technology for consumer rear projection television
- Dr. Kees Immink For Coding Technology for Optical Recording Formats
- Pinnacle Systems (Montage) and Thomson Broadcast & Media Solutions For Technology to simultaneously encode multiple video qualities and the corresponding metadata
- CBS Technology Center and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) for their improved SMPTE color bars standard ECR 1-1978
- Plasma display by Donald Bitzer. This revolutionized the television.
- Final Cut Pro by Apple Inc. A one application, any format editing system.
- Boujou Automated Camera Tracker by 2d3 Ltd. This innovation provides automatic shot tracking in a fraction of the usual time.
- Arriflex Cameras by ARRI Inc. A Lifetime Achievement Award goes to this organization for fifty years of technological contributions to the industry.
- TM Systems, for their language translation, dubbing and subtitling system.
- Proximity Corporation for software for managing graphical assets for broadcast.
- Digital upconverter by BBC, Faroudja, Leitch and YEM.
- Personal video recorder by TiVo and Replay.
- SFQ transmitter by Rohde & Schwarz.
- Consumer camcorders by Sony, JVC, Hitachi, Matsushita and Kodak.
- 24p by Sony, LaserPacific and Kodak.
- Flat-screen CRT by Sony and Zenith.
- Shared video-data-storage system by Leitch/ASC, SeaChange, Thomson/Philips and Pinnacle.
- Digital asset management for television news by KGO-TV, CNN, ITN and Quantel.
Radio Corporation of America, Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Company and English Electric Valve Company for the independent development of the 41⁄2 inch image orthicon tube and camera.
- Academy Scientific and Technical Award
- List of American television awards
- List of engineering awards
- ^ "Technology and Engineering Emmy Award: Scope and Procedures". National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Archived from the original on 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- ^ "72nd Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy® Awards Recipients". National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
- ^ "The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Announces Recipients of the 71st Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards". National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- ^ "The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Announces Recipients of the 70th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards". National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- ^ Pedersen, Erik. "Technology & Engineering Emmy Winners Announced". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- ^ "The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Announces Recipients of the 68th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards". National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- ^ "Recipients of the 67th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards". National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- ^ "Recipients of the 66th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards". National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- ^ October 15, Posted on; Releases, 2014 in Press (2014-10-15). "Emmy® Goes to ATSC for Controlling Loud Commercials". ATSC : NextGen TV. Retrieved 2021-11-15.
- ^ Emmy Awards 2012 "The Emmy Awards - NATIONAL TELEVISION ACADEMY ANNOUNCES 63rd ANNUAL WINNERS OF TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING EMMY® AWARDS". Archived from the original on 2012-01-12. Retrieved 2012-01-17.
- ^ Emmy Awards 2011 http://www.emmyonline.tv/mediacenter/tech_2k10_winners.html
- ^ Emmy Awards 2010 "The Emmy Awards - NATIONAL TELEVISION ACADEMY ANNOUNCES 59th ANNUAL WINNERS OF TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING EMMY® AWARDS". Archived from the original on 2012-01-07. Retrieved 2012-01-07.
- ^ "Winners of 59th Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards Announced by National Television Academy at Consumer Electronics Show". Archived from the original on 2008-04-04.
- ^ "Outstanding Achievement in Technical/Engineering Development Awards" (PDF). National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. 2009-03-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 26, 2009. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- ^ Dubbing biz goes modern — Variety magazine, 22 September 2002.
- ^ a b c d e f g h Kerschbaumer, Ken (October 21, 2001). "2001 Tech Emmy Awards". Broadcasting & Cable. NewBay Media, LLC. Retrieved 2011-04-14.