|WikiProject Musical Instruments||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
Should this article stay? -- Zoe
- It should now. I just rewrote it. It can probably be expanded quite a way, and it's probably biased towards piano (the only instrument I know), but I think it's encyclopedic. A bit how-to-ish, maybe. -- Tim Starling 02:38 25 Jun 2003 (UTC)
- I really thought these concluding sentences were a shade less then encyclopedic. And of course, playing pieces is great fun. Without pieces, learning a musical instrument would just be boring. Someone want to back or oppose this decision? Ed Cormany 03:09 25 Jun 2003 (UTC)
- Something needs to be said about pieces being more enjoyable than scales and theory. Motivation is a very, very important part of music lessons, something teachers must be aware of. If you manage to find one person who disagrees, I will withdraw it. You can change the language to something a bit more formal if you like. -- Tim Starling 03:20 25 Jun 2003 (UTC)
- I agree with Tim. When I began learning guitar, I started with pieces and then moved into scales, chord shapes, theory and so forth. -- goatasaur
- Point taken, and very nice rewrite, Tim. I'm satisfied now :-) Ed Cormany 05:18 25 Jun 2003 (UTC)
I wrote the original article to list the benefit of music lessons, I expected someone would refine the writing but preserve the points in the article. I was really disappointed when someone changed the title of the article to change the subject totally. Then someone else followed by rewriting to the new subject line. The original subject was entirely wiped clean. I plan to bring back the original subject as a new article perhaps this time someone will keep the subject line intact. -- User:Kowloonese June 25, 2003.
The new article has been listed on Wikipedia:Votes for deletion -- Tim Starling 01:48 26 Jun 2003 (UTC)
Music is more than notes and rhythms. An encyclopedia article that only discusses the aspects of it which can be distilled into clinical, reductionist language is going to be lacking.--Ben St. Hilaire 09:05, 10 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Wikipedia still is a encyclopedie, I have created a new site (still mediawiki basis) but I think it go's one step further then wikiepedia. My site is dedicated to Musicians only. And also provide lessons etc. So please take a look over there. The adres is: http://musicianswiki.com
If you want to talk with me about this subject use: http://musicianswiki.com/index.php/user:emiel or this page ;)
Start a discussion about improving the Music lesson page
Talk pages are where people discuss how to make content on Wikipedia the best that it can be. You can use this page to start a discussion with others about how to improve the "Music lesson" page.