Talk:List of English-based pidgins
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
I've proposed that this page be merged into Pidgin. Please see Talk:Pidgin to voice your opinion. — BrianSmithson 08:12, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
Merge to CPE
I have put in some thoughts over at Talk:Pidgin. — mark ✎ 19:32, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
I noticed that the initial author of this article spelled "Pidgin" w/o the "d." This is wrong, so I corrected it. Unfortunately, I can't change the title...is there a way to do that?
- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was moved to List of English-based pidgins -- Aervanath (talk) 05:19, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
Per Wikipedia:Lists (stand-alone lists)#Naming conventions, lists' titles should normally begin with "List of..."
As this article is a stand-alone list (and is included in Category:Lists of languages) which does not follow this convention, I propose that it be moved to List of English-based pidgins. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:33, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- Support. Better reflects the article's contents. — AjaxSmack 23:53, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
Although Tok Pisin is not a pidgin but a creole (meaning some people speak it as a first language), it is frequently referred to as Pidgin and therefore it should be included in this list under those names (to obviate people like me having to do an unnecessarily complicated search to find it). Mike Hayes (talk) 19:22, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
This might be a silly question since I'm a passerby who doesn't know anything about languages, but why aren't we also copying all of the contents of Category:English-based_pidgins_and_creoles into this article?Smuckola (Email) (Talk) 08:24, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- List-Class English Language articles
- Mid-importance English Language articles
- WikiProject English Language articles
- List-Class language articles
- Low-importance language articles
- WikiProject Languages articles
- List-Class Linguistics articles
- Low-importance Linguistics articles
- WikiProject Linguistics articles
- List-Class List articles
- Low-importance List articles
- WikiProject Lists articles