|Geology has been listed as a level-2 vital article in Science. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class by WikiProject Vital Articles.|
|WikiProject Geology||(Rated C-class, Top-importance)|
| To-do list for Geology:
need to talk about Alfred Wegner and his major contribution to geology.
Priority 1 (top)
|This subject is featured in the Outline of geology, which is incomplete and needs further development.|
|Wikipedia Version 1.0 Editorial Team / v0.5 / Vital / Core||(Rated C-class)|
Wiki Education Foundation-supported course assignment
This article was the subject of a Wiki Education Foundation-supported course assignment, between 27 August 2018 and 15 December 2018. Further details are available on the course page. Student editor(s): Molsonbolson.
Above undated message substituted from Template:Dashboard.wikiedu.org assignment by PrimeBOT (talk) 22:15, 16 January 2022 (UTC)
External links modified
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Geology. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20050920105136/http://www.stratigraphy.org:80/ to http://www.stratigraphy.org/
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20160303225940/http://www.amnh.org/education/resources/rfl/web/essaybooks/earth/p_hutton.html to http://www.amnh.org/education/resources/rfl/web/essaybooks/earth/p_hutton.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool. — Gorthian (talk) 06:28, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
Cheers.—InternetArchiveBot (Report bug) 11:59, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
Lede too short flag
Noticed this flag today. Did my best to beat the lede into shape so it actually reflects the article content. It's still pretty short, but I think I like that on these "big" science articles. I also added a pretty map to the lede, because I think it's always good to have something.
Felt this covered it, so removed the flag. As always, further iterations welcome. DanHobley (talk) 10:55, 3 August 2017 (UTC)
- Also, think I accidentally edit conflicted with someone, and may have accidentally discarded some changes. Sorry if this was you. DanHobley (talk) 10:56, 3 August 2017 (UTC)
unsourced claim in Geologic time scale that contradicts itself
For example, the lower Jurassic Series in chronostratigraphy corresponds to the early Jurassic Epoch in geochronology. The adjectives are capitalized when the subdivision is formally recognized, and lower case when not; thus "early Miocene" but "Early Jurassic."
The article Miocene chaotically uses both upper- and lowercase and Early Miocene uses only uppercase. --Espoo (talk) 09:26, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
Text font size in "See also" section
Why is the font size of the text in the "See also" section set to "small"? (My edit of 17 June 2021, which enlarged the font size to default size was changed back to small size on 20 June 2021). GeoWriter (talk) 11:02, 21 June 2021 (UTC)
- In the absence of any response, I have changed the "See also" text font size to the default value (instead of small). GeoWriter (talk) 11:20, 28 June 2021 (UTC)
How many types of coal 18.104.22.168 (talk) 16:54, 19 December 2021 (UTC)
- Take a look at coal Girth Summit (blether) 16:55, 19 December 2021 (UTC)
- Wikipedia level-2 vital articles in Science
- Wikipedia C-Class vital articles in Science
- Wikipedia C-Class level-2 vital articles
- C-Class Geology articles
- Top-importance C-Class Geology articles
- Top-importance Geology articles
- WikiProject Geology articles
- Wikipedia pages with to-do lists
- C-Class Version 1.0 articles
- Unknown-importance Version 1.0 articles
- Natural sciences Version 1.0 articles
- C-Class Version 1.0 vital articles
- Wikipedia Version 1.0 vital articles
- C-Class core topic articles
- Wikipedia Version 1.0 core topic articles
- Wikipedia Version 1.0 articles