|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dynamic programming article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Find sources: Google (books · news · scholar · free images · WP refs) · FENS · JSTOR · NYT · TWL|
|Dynamic programming has been listed as a level-5 vital article in Mathematics. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as B-Class by WikiProject Vital Articles.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Daily pageviews of this article
The first paragraph of the second part and the article on algorithms states that dynamic programming is a bottom-up approach, but later this article says dynamic programming may use bottom-up or top-down approaches. --zeno 11:46, 9 Feb 2004 (UTC)
- I've revised that section. It was very vague and somewhat incorrect. I hope there's less confusion now. Derrick Coetzee 20:18, 5 Oct 2004 (UTC)
The page says "i dont know" in those terms, which is not only weirdly misplaced, but also improperly formatted. Someone check.
The part following "The steps for using dynamic program goes as follows:" is out of place. Out of nowhere the article starts using terms like 'gap penalties' and 'sequence alignment.' Seems like this was copied from some article on a specific application, such as protien sequencing. Anon, Wed Jul 11 14:11:43 EDT 2007
Too many examples
This is not a textbook. One good example would suffice. Even worse, many of them are just too long (and boring). Put them in wikibooks. Unfortunately, any attempt to fix this article would be blocked as "vandalism". Way to go, Wikipedia!
Hello , in
if n <= 1 return n return fib(n − 1) + fib(n − 2)
I doubt that the return function would return a false if, so maybe you make a if n larger or equal to 1 out of it ? That also has the nice side effect that the Fibonacci numbers would become larger than -1, like the original series is larger than +1, I guess that is what you intended ...
- Wikipedia level-5 vital articles in Mathematics
- Wikipedia B-Class vital articles in Mathematics
- Wikipedia B-Class level-5 vital articles
- B-Class Computer science articles
- Top-importance Computer science articles
- WikiProject Computer science articles
- B-Class Molecular Biology articles
- Unknown-importance Molecular Biology articles
- B-Class Computational Biology articles
- Top-importance Computational Biology articles
- WikiProject Computational Biology articles
- All WikiProject Molecular Biology articles
- B-Class Systems articles
- High-importance Systems articles
- Systems articles in control theory
- WikiProject Systems articles
- B-Class mathematics articles
- Mid-priority mathematics articles