|Died||10 October 1980|
|Spouse||Alamgir M. A. Kabir|
|Awards||Independence Day Award (1979)|
Tahera Kabir (died 10 October 1980) was a Bangladeshi social activist. She received Independence Day Award on 1979 for her contribution in social welfare activity.
Kabir founded the Association for the Correction and Social Rehabilitation of Bangladesh to help the poor and homeless people of society. The NGO runs a shelter house for orphans and homeless street children in Mirpur, Dhaka.
Personal life and death
Tahera Kabir was married to Alamgir M. A. Kabir. She was the eldest daughter of Khwaja Shahabuddin, who belonged to the Nawab family of Dhaka.
Tahera Kabir died on 10 October 1980.
- ^ এম আর খানের শিশু স্বাস্থ্য ফাউন্ডেশনের নতুন কমিটি. Daily Janakantha (in Bengali). 13 December 2016. Archived from the original on 1 December 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- ^ "Independence Day Award" (PDF). Government of Bangladesh. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- ^ a b "In remembrance: Alamgir M. A. Kabir". The Daily Star. 25 November 2011. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- ^ এমদাদুল হক সভাপতি শহিদুল্লাহ সাধারণ সম্পাদক ওবায়দুল কবির কোষাধ্যক্ষ. Daily Naya Diganta (in Bengali). 11 December 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- ^ a b Sigma Huda. "Centurian Alamgir Kabir". nawabbari.com. Retrieved 20 February 2023.