Syed Zahoor Ahmad Agha
سید ظہور احمد آغا
|22nd Governor of Balochistan|
9 July 2021 – 13 April 2022
|Prime Minister||Imran Khan|
|Preceded by||Amanullah Khan Yasinzai|
|Born||4 October 1971|
Pishin District Balochistan, Pakistan
|Political party||Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf|
Early life and education
He received his early education from Killi Muchaan School, Pishin and got a master's degree in Animal Science from the University of Uganda. He owns 260 animal husbandries.
He ran for the seat of the Provincial Assembly of the Balochistan as a Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf candidate from Constituency PB-6 (Quetta-VI) in the 2013 Pakistani general election, but was unsuccessful. He received only 2256 votes and lost the seat to Manzoor Ahmad Khan Kakar, a candidate of Pashtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PKMAP).
On 7 July 2021, after the resignation of Amanullah Khan Yasinzai he was appointed as Governor of Balochistan by Prime Minister Imran Khan. He took oath at Governor House, Quetta on 9th July 2021. Chief Justice Balochistan High Court Justice Jamal Khan Mandokhail administered the oath.
- "Zahoor Agha sworn in as Balochistan's governor". DAWN. 10 July 2021.
- Daily Times Pakistan (9 July 2021). "Zahoor Agha takes oath as new Balochistan governor". Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- "Syed Zahoor Agha steps down as Balochistan Governor". Dunya News. Retrieved 13 April 2022.
- "PB-6 Quetta VI Detail Election Result 2013". Pakistani Elections Result. 26 July 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2021.
- "Zahoor Agha appointed new Balochistan governor as Amanullah Yasinzai resigns". 7 July 2021. Retrieved 8 July 2021.
- "President appoints Syed Zahoor Agha as new Governor Baluchistan". 7 July 2021. Retrieved 8 July 2021.