Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/February 24
February 24: Independence Day in Estonia (1918)
- 303 - Roman Emperor Galerius began to persecute Christians.
- 1582 - Pope Gregory XIII announced the Gregorian calendar, a modification of the Julian calendar in use since 45 BC.
- 1803 - Marbury v. Madison established judicial review in the United States.
- 1848 - Louis-Philippe, the Orléanist King of the French, abdicated and escaped to England.
- 1946 - Colonel Juan Perón was elected to his first term as President of Argentina.
Recent days: February 23 – February 22 – February 21