Sirona Care & Health
Sirona Care & Health is a Community Interest Company based in Bath, Somerset which provides publicly funded health and social care services.
It was established in October 2011 under the provisions of the Companies (Audit, Investigations and Community Enterprise) Act 2004 as part of the Transforming Community Services initiative. About 1,700 staff were then transferred into the company from the NHS and Bath and North East Somerset Council.
In 2013, Sirona won a contract for specialist healthcare services for people with learning difficulties in South Gloucestershire which resulted in the transfer of 50 people from Bristol Community Health. In April 2014, the company won a contract to provide other adult community healthcare services in South Gloucestershire and 450 people transferred in from North Bristol NHS Trust. In October 2015, it won a contract to provide children's community services in Bristol and South Gloucestershire in conjunction with Bristol Community Health and Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust.
Apprenticeships have been offered by the company in various areas connected with social care.
In November 2016, Sirona lost a bid for a £700 million seven-year contract to run health and social care services in Bath and North East Somerset to Virgin Care. The contract involved coordinating more than 200 health and social care services. Many of Sirona's staff transferred to Virgin Care under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (TUPE) regulations.
In 2019, it won a ten-year £1.2 billion adult community services contract in Bath and North East Somerset to start in April 2020. Previously it had provided the service jointly with Bristol Community Health and North Somerset Community Partnership.
- ^ "Bath moves social care and NHS services to a social enterprise". Guardian. 25 October 2011. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- ^ "NHS trust preferred bidder for Bristol children's services contract". Health Service Journal. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- ^ "Apprentices get their chance to shine with Sirona Care and Health". Bath Chronicle. 21 March 2014. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- ^ Amanda Cameron (10 November 2016). "Virgin Care wins £700m contract to run health services in Bath and North East Somerset". Bath Chronicle. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- ^ "Controversial 'Virgin Care' contract approved". ITV News. 11 November 2016. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- ^ Andy McNicoll (9 November 2016). "Virgin Care set to run social work service in unprecedented deal". CommunityCare. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- ^ "CCG awards £1.2bn community services contract". Health Service Journal. 30 July 2019. Retrieved 30 August 2019.