|Sindhi name||سنڌ ترقي پسند پارٽي|
|National affiliation||Pakistan Oppressed Nations Movement|
|Television (2013 General Elections)|
The Sindh Taraqi Pasand Party (STP) has been engaged in socio- political activism in Pakistans since last two decades, by struggling against despotism, theocratic & fascist terrorism, and economic exploitation of smaller constituent units with a special focus on Sindh and Sindhi people. It is now poised to play a pivotal role in parliamentary politics of Pakistan, by contesting elections and undertaking formal activities in political and developmental spheres as an organized institution.
Ethnic violence against Muhajirs
The party was involved in ethnic violence against Muhajirs in the late 1980s when they fought against the Muttahida Qaumi Movement led by Altaf Hussain. STP killed thousands of Muhajirs in 1988 Hyderabad, Sindh massacre.
0 / 342
- "All MQM factions trying to carve out a Muhajir state, says Dr Qadir Magsi". The Express Tribune. 2018-03-22. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- "Symbols Allotted to Political Parties for General Elections- 2013" (PDF). ecp.gov.pk. Election Commission of Pakistan. Retrieved 6 November 2021.
- "STP Chairman granted protective bail". The Nation. 2021-06-09. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- Reporter, The Newspaper's Staff (2020-10-12). "STP demands withdrawal of PIDA ordinance". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- "Dams' constructions on Indus River 'detrimental' to interest of Sindh: STP". Daily Times. 2018-09-30. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- "For the motherland: Qadir Magsi asks Sindh to stop talking about secession". The Express Tribune. 2015-03-23. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- "Dr Qadir Magsi acquitted in 1988 Hyderabad massacre case". The Express Tribune. 2017-05-18. Retrieved 2021-06-13.