Serajul Huq (educator)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015)
|Born||1 April 1905|
Belakot Village, Ramganj Upazila, Noakhali District, East Bengal and Assam, British India
|Died||4 March 2005(aged 99)|
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka |
University of London
Serajul Huq (1 April 1905 – 4 March 2005) was a Bangladeshi educationist.
Early life and education
Huq was born in Noakhali District in 1905. He passed matriculation examination in 1921 from Dhaka Muhsinia Madrasa and Intermediate examination in 1923 from Dhaka Islamic Intermediate College. He then enrolled to University of Dhaka. He earned BA with Honors in Islamic Studies in 1926 and MA in Persian in 1927. In 1934 Huq earned his PhD degree from University of London.
In 1928 Huq joined Dhaka University as a faculty as Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies. He became Professor in 1951. In 1979 Huq was elected President of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Sitara-e-Imtiaz (1969)
- Fellowship of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh (1973)
- Independence Day Award (1983)
- Islamic Foundation Padak (1985)
- Professor Sukumar Sen Gold Medal of the Asiatic Society of Calcutta (1996)
- Ekushey Padak (1997)
- ^ a b c ABM Saiful Islam Sidddiqui. "Huq, Serajul". Banglapedia. Retrieved June 16, 2015.