Saifur Rehman (Pakistani politician)
Saifur Rehman Rajput
|Chairman of the Ehtesab Bureau|
|Born||7 December 1954|
|Political party||Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz)|
Saifur Rehman Rajput is a Pakistani former politician currently based in Hyderabad.
Early life and education
He had been member of Senate of Pakistan as a candidate of Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) (PML-N). He was member of Senate of Pakistan from 1997 to 2000 during the 2nd tenure of Pakistani statesman and politician Mian Nawaz Sharif. Mr. Saifur Rehman Khan got his early education in Lahore and earned a Bachelor�s Degree in Commerce from the Punjab University in 1974. After the completion of his formal education and academic career, he resorted to business and industry. He is Chairman of the REDCO Group of Industries. He is a widely traveled person who has been to almost every part of the globe.
Redco corruption case
In 2018, Customs Intelligence recovered 21 luxury vehicles from Redco Textile Mills, mill owned by the Saifur Rehman and Qatari ruling family members.
Ehtesab Bureau case
In 2012, Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) issued his red warrants and contacted Qatari government with help of Interpol to extradite Rehman to Pakistan. This warrant was subsequently quashed by Interpol. He is facing charges of doing covert operations with help of FIA as the chairman of Ehtesab Bureau against his political opponents, doing torture and keeping them under illegal detention.
- "Interpol quashes red warrant against Saif ur Rehman". The News.
- "Former senator Saifur Rehman denies returning to Pakistan". The News.
- "Senate of Pakistan". senate.gov.pk.
- "Saif, brother released". Dawn. Pakistan. 23 November 2001. Retrieved 5 November 2019.
- "21 luxury vehicles recovered from Saifur Rehman's textile mills". Dunya News.
- Reporter, The Newspaper's Staff (19 July 2012). "Qatar govt asked to extradite Saifur Rehman".