Sahibzada Farooq Ali
صاهب زادا فاروق علی
|9th Speaker of the National Assembly|
9 August 1973 – 27 March 1977
|Deputy||Ashraf Khatoon Abbasi|
|Preceded by||Fazal Ilahi Chaudhry|
|Succeeded by||Malik Meraj Khalid|
|Born||5 September 1931|
Ghakhar Mandi, British Raj
|Died||29 November 2020 (aged 89)|
|Political party||Pakistan Peoples Party|
Ali was the head of the Information and Public Relations department and the Arts and Culture department for Multan and Bahawalpur before going to the parliament. He was the chairman of the Special Committee of the whole House of the National Assembly of Pakistan, proceedings of which were held in camera to consider the Ahmadiyya issue. The Special Committee unanimously adopted a resolution on September 7, 1974, to declare the Ahmadiyya Movement and its offshoot, the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement for the Propagation of Islam to be non-Muslims.
- Biographical Encyclopedia of Pakistan. Biographical Research Institute, Pakistan for International Publishers (Pakistan) Limited. 1985. p. 29.
- "Speakers / Presidents". National Assembly of Pakistan. Archived from the original on 4 February 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "PPP's founding member Sahibzada Farooq Ali Khan dies". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 2020-11-30.
- "Former National Assembly speaker passes away | Pakistan Today". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. Retrieved 2020-11-30.
- Pakistan, National Assembly, Proceedings of the Special Committee of the Whole House Held in Camera to Consider the Qadiani Issue: Official Report Vol 1 (Islamabad: National Book Foundation, 2012), 1.
- Pakistan, National Assembly, Proceedings of the Special Committee of the Whole House Held in Camera to Consider the Qadiani Issue: Official Report Vol 21 (Islamabad: National Book Foundation, 2012), 3081.
- "Former NA Speaker Sahibzada Farooq Ali passes away". 24 News HD. 2020-11-29. Retrieved 2020-11-29.
- Correspondent, The Newspaper's Staff (2020-11-30). "Former NA speaker Sahibzada Farooq passes away". Dawn. Retrieved 2020-11-30.