|This article is part of a series on|
|European Union portal|
Pro-Europeans are mostly classified as "centrist" (Renew Europe) in the context of European politics, including "centre-right" liberal conservatives (ex. EPP Group) and "centre-left" social democrats (ex. S&D and Greens/EFA). Pro-Europeanism is ideologically closely related to the Europe and Global liberal movement.
Pro-EU political parties
- EU: Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party, European Free Alliance, European Green Party, European People's Party, Party of European Socialists, Volt Europa
Within the EU
- Austria: Austrian People's Party, Social Democratic Party of Austria, The Greens – The Green Alternative, NEOS – The New Austria, Volt Austria
- Belgium: Reformist Mouvement, Open Flemish Liberals and Democrats, Socialist Party, Vooruit, Christian Democratic and Flemish, Les Engagés, Ecolo, Green, Democratic Federalist Independent, Volt Belgium
- Bulgaria: We Continue the Change, Yes, Bulgaria!, Union of Democratic Forces, Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, Democrats for a Strong Bulgaria, Bulgarian Socialist Party (factions), Volt Bulgaria, Republicans for Bulgaria, Stand Up.BG, United People's Party, Bulgaria for Citizens Movement, Movement 21, There Is Such a People
- Croatia: Croatian Democratic Union, Social Democratic Party of Croatia, Croatian Peasant Party, Croatian People's Party – Liberal Democrats, Civic Liberal Alliance, Istrian Democratic Assembly, People's Party – Reformists, Croatian Social Liberal Party, Centre
- Cyprus: Democratic Rally, Democratic Party, Movement for Social Democracy, Democratic Alignment, New Wave – The Other Cyprus
- Czech Republic: TOP 09, Mayors and Independents, KDU-ČSL, Czech Pirate Party, Social Democracy, Green Party, Volt Czech Republic
- Denmark: Danish Social Liberal Party, Social Democrats, Venstre, Conservative People's Party, Moderates, Volt Denmark
- Estonia: Estonian Reform Party, Estonia 200, Estonian Social Democratic Party, Estonian Greens, Isamaa
- Finland: Centre Party, National Coalition Party, Social Democratic Party of Finland, Green League, Swedish People's Party of Finland
- France: Renaissance, Democratic Movement, The Republicans, Socialist Party, Public Place, Radical Party of the Left, Europe Ecology – The Greens, The New Democrats, Génération.s, Radical Party, Union of Democrats and Independents, New Deal, Agir, En Commun, Horizons, Territories of Progress, Progressive Federation, Centrist Alliance, The Centrists, Ecologist Party, Democratic European Force, Volt France
- Germany: Christian Democratic Union, Social Democratic Party of Germany, Alliance 90/The Greens, Free Democratic Party, Christian Social Union in Bavaria, Die PARTEI, Volt Germany
- Greece: New Democracy, Syriza, PASOK – Movement for Change, Union of Centrists, Movement of Democratic Socialists, Volt Greece
- Hungary: Democratic Coalition, Jobbik, Hungarian Socialist Party, Momentum Movement, Dialogue – The Greens' Party, LMP – Hungary's Green Party, Hungarian Liberal Party, New Start
- Ireland: Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil, Labour Party, Social Democrats, Green Party, Volt Ireland
- Italy: Democratic Party, Forza Italia, Italia Viva, Italian Left, More Europe, Volt Italy, Civic Commitment, Action, Italian Socialist Party, Social Democrats, Italian Republican Party, Solidary Democracy, Green Europe, Italian Radicals, Possible, Us of the Centre, Europeanists, Centrists for Europe, Moderates, Article One, European Republicans Movement, Forza Europa, Liberal Democratic Alliance for Italy, Alliance of the Centre (Italy), èViva, Sicilian Socialist Party, Team K
- Latvia: Unity, For Latvia's Development, Movement For!, The Conservatives, The Progressives
- Lithuania: Homeland Union, Liberals' Movement, Lithuanian Farmers and Greens Union, Social Democratic Party of Lithuania, Freedom Party, Labour Party, Lithuanian Green Party
- Luxembourg: Christian Social People's Party, Luxembourg Socialist Workers' Party, Democratic Party, The Greens, Volt Luxembourg
- Malta: Nationalist Party, Labour Party (factions), AD+PD, Volt Malta
- Netherlands: Democrats 66, People's Party for Freedom and Democracy, Labour Party, Christian Democratic Appeal, GroenLinks, DENK, Volt Netherlands
- Poland: Civic Platform, Poland 2050, .Modern, Polish People's Party, New Left, Your Movement, The Greens, Polish Initiative, Union of European Democrats, Polish Socialist Party
- Portugal: Social Democratic Party, Socialist Party, People–Animals–Nature Party, LIVRE, Liberal Initiative, Volt Portugal
- Romania: Save Romania Union, National Liberal Party, People's Movement Party, Renewing Romania's European Project, PRO Romania, Green Party, NOW Party, Volt Romania
- Slovakia: Progressive Slovakia, Ordinary People and Independent Personalities, Christian Democratic Movement, Democrats, For the People, Voice – Social Democracy, Alliance
- Slovenia: Freedom Movement, Social Democrats, New Slovenia, Democratic Party of Pensioners of Slovenia, Slovenian People's Party
- Spain: People's Party, Spanish Socialist Workers' Party, Citizens, Volt Spain
- Sweden: Swedish Social Democratic Party, Moderate Party, Centre Party, Liberals, Christian Democrats, Volt Sweden
Outside the EU
- Albania: Democratic Party of Albania, Socialist Party of Albania, Freedom Party of Albania, Libra Party, Social Democratic Party of Albania, Republican Party of Albania, Unity for Human Rights Party, Alliance for Equality and European Justice, Volt Albania
- Armenia: Armenian Democratic Liberal Party, Armenian National Movement Party, Bright Armenia, Civil Contract, Conservative Party, European Party of Armenia, For The Republic Party, Free Democrats, Heritage, Liberal Democratic Union of Armenia, National Progress Party of Armenia, People's Party of Armenia, Union for National Self-Determination, Republic Party, Rule of Law, Sasna Tsrer Pan-Armenian Party, Sovereign Armenia Party
- Belarus: Belarusian Christian Democracy, BPF Party, United Democratic Forces of Belarus, Party of Freedom and Progress, United Civic Party of Belarus, Belarusian Social Democratic Party (Assembly), Belarusian Social Democratic Assembly
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Party of Democratic Action, Croatian Democratic Union of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Social Democratic Party of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Democratic Front, People and Justice, Party of Democratic Progress, Our Party, People's European Union, For New Generations, Union for a Better Future, Independent Bloc
- Georgia: Georgian Dream, United National Movement, For Georgia, Lelo, European Georgia, Girchi - More Freedom, Girchi, Strategy Aghmashenebeli, Republican Party of Georgia, Georgian Labour Party, For the People, European Socialists, Free Democrats, Solidarity Alliance of Georgia
- Iceland: Social Democratic Alliance, Reform Party
- Kosovo: Alliance for the Future of Kosovo, Democratic League of Kosovo, Partia e Fortë
- Moldova: Party of Action and Solidarity, National Alternative Movement, Liberal Party, Democratic Party, Liberal Democratic Party, European People's Party, Pro Moldova, People's Party of the Republic of Moldova
- Montenegro: Europe Now!, Democratic Party of Socialists of Montenegro, Social Democratic Party of Montenegro, DEMOS, United Reform Action, Democratic Montenegro, Socialist People's Party, Liberal Party, Social Democrats, Bosniak Party, Civis, We won't give up Montenegro
- North Macedonia: Social Democratic Union, BESA, New Social Democratic Party, Democratic Union for Integration, Alliance for Albanians, Liberal Democratic Party, VMRO-NP
- Norway: Conservative Party, Labour Party (factions), Liberal Party
- Russia: Yabloko, People's Freedom Party, Green Alternative, Russia of the Future, Democratic Party of Russia
- San Marino: Civic 10, Euro-Populars for San Marino, Future Republic, Party of Democrats, Party of Socialists and Democrats, Sammarineses for Freedom, Socialist Party, Union for the Republic
- Serbia: Democratic Party, Social Democratic Party, Liberal Democratic Party, Movement of Free Citizens, People's Party, New Party, Serbian Progressive Party, Social Democratic Party of Serbia, Party of Freedom and Justice, Together for Serbia, Serbia 21, Civic Democratic Forum, Party of Modern Serbia, Movement for Reversal
- Switzerland: Social Democratic Party of Switzerland (factions), Green Party of Switzerland (factions), Green Liberal Party of Switzerland, Volt Switzerland
- Turkey: Democracy and Progress Party, Democratic Left Party, Democrat Party, Future Party, Good Party, Homeland Party, Liberal Democratic Party, Peoples' Democratic Party, Republican People's Party
- Ukraine: Servant of the People, Fatherland, European Solidarity, Voice, Self Reliance, Ukrainian People's Party, Our Ukraine, European Party of Ukraine, People's Front, Ukrainian Democratic Alliance for Reform, Volt Ukraine
- United Kingdom: Liberal Democrats, Green Party of England and Wales, Scottish National Party (SNP), Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP), Scottish Greens, Women's Equality Party, Alliance Party of Northern Ireland, Green Party Northern Ireland, Mebyon Kernow, Alliance EPP: European People's Party UK, Volt UK, Animal Welfare Party
Pro-EU newspapers and magazines
Note: Media outside of Europe may also be included.
- Denmark: Dagbladet Børsen, Politiken
- France: Le Figaro, Le Monde, Le Parisien
- Germany: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Der Spiegel, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Der Tagesspiegel
- Hungary: Blikk
- Ireland: The Irish Times
- Japan: Chunichi Shimbun
- South Korea: The Hankyoreh
- Spain: El Confidencial
- United Kingdom: Financial Times, The Independent, The New European, The Guardian
Multinational European partnerships
- Council of Europe: an international organisation whose stated aim is to uphold human rights, democracy, rule of law in Europe and to promote European culture. It has 46 member states.
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe: the world's largest security-oriented intergovernmental organization, with 57 participating states mostly in Europe and the Northern Hemisphere.
- Paneuropean Union: the oldest European unification movement.
- Eastern Partnership
- European Federalist Party
- European Union as an emerging superpower
- Euronest Parliamentary Assembly
- Federalisation of the European Union
- Liberalism in Europe
- Pan-European identity
- Politics of Europe
- Potential enlargement of the European Union
- Pulse of Europe Initiative
- United States of Europe
- Volt Europa
- Gowland, David. Britain and the European Union. Taylor & Francis, 2016. p.109
- Sadurski, Wojciech. Spreading Democracy and the Rule of Law?. Springer Science & Business Media, 2006. pp.51, 55
- Krisztina Arató, Petr Kaniok (editors). Euroscepticism and European Integration. Political Science Research Centre Zagreb, 2009. p.40
- Almeida, Dimitri (27 April 2012). The Impact of European Integration on Political Parties. Routledge. doi:10.4324/9780203123621. ISBN 978-0-203-12362-1.
- "Emmanuel Macron a Berlin pour se donner une stature européenne". Le Monde. 10 January 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Edwards, Maxim (13 December 2018). "Armenia's Revolution Will Not be Monopolized". Foreign Policy.
Bright Armenia is an avowedly pro-EU and classical liberal political party...
- Edward-Isaac Dovere, ed. (20 April 2017). "Obama wades into French election fight". Politico. Retrieved 15 January 2022.
"President Obama appreciated the opportunity to hear from Mr. Macron about his campaign and the important upcoming presidential election in France, a country that President Obama remains deeply committed to as a close ally of the United States, and as a leader on behalf of liberal values in Europe and around the world," Lewis said.
- Demetriou, Kyriakos (2014). The European Union in Crisis : Explorations in Representation and Democratic Legitimacy. Springer. p. 46. ISBN 9783319087740.
- "Who we are". European Free Alliance. Retrieved 11 February 2023.
The European Free Alliance is a pro-European party that endorses the European Union's values, namely the principles of liberty, democracy, respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms and the rule of law.
- "European Green Party Joins Pro-Europe Network's Ranks". European Greens. Retrieved 11 February 2023.
- "Volt Europa – About us". Volt Europa. Retrieved 2 December 2021.
- "Austrian People's Party (ÖVP)". The Democratic Society. Archived from the original on 6 July 2017. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Ton Notermans (January 2001). Social Democracy and Monetary Union. Berghahn Books. p. 203. ISBN 978-1-57181-806-5.
- "Austria's Freedom Party sees vote rise". BBC News. 25 May 2014. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Almeida, Dimitri (107). The Impact of European Integration on Political Parties: Beyond the Permissive Consensus. Routledge. p. 107.
- Nathaniel Copsey; Tim Haughton (2009). The JCMS Annual Review of the European Union in 2008. John Wiley & Sons. p. 56. ISBN 9781405189149. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Richard Davis Anderson (2001). Postcommunism and the Theory of Democracy. Princeton University Press. p. 147. ISBN 0691089175. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Donatella M. Viola (2015). Routledge Handbook of European Elections. Routledge. p. 639. ISBN 9781317503637. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "Bulgaria's government will include far-right nationalist parties for the first time – The Washington Post". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on 18 December 2018.
- Tsolova, Tsvetelia (17 March 2017). "Socialists say Bulgaria pays high price for EU's Russia sanctions". Reuters.
- "Цветан Цветанов оглави "Републиканци за България", заместник е Павел Вълнев". bnr.bg.
- "Statut" (PDF). HDZ. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 December 2017. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "VOLEBNÍ PROGRAM 2017". TOP09. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Evropa je prostorem společných hodnot". KDU-ČSL. 10 December 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- Předseda Pirátů Bartoš: Nejsme vítači migrantů a jít do vlády se nebojíme. Novinky.cz. Published on 10 September 2017
- "Česko by bez pomoci EU mohlo být popelnicí Evropy, míní Chmelař". ČSSD. 28 July 2017. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- "Zelení: Evropa musí zahájit jednání o své federalizaci – Strana zelených". Zeliní. 24 June 2016. Archived from the original on 2 October 2017. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- Claudia Hefftler; et al. (2015). The Palgrave Handbook of National Parliaments and the European Union. Palgrave Macmillan. p. 286]. ISBN 9781137289131. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- "EU". Social Demokratiet. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Europæisk Samarbejde". Venstre. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "EU-Politik – Det Konservative Folkeparti". Det Konservative Folkeparti. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Riigikogu 2015 programm". Sotsiaal Demokraadid. 31 July 2017. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "EU-Aufklärung im Satire-Kostüm". Deutschlandfunk Kultur. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "PPS – Deklaracja ideowa PPS". naszpps.ppspl.eu.
- "Romania – Europe Elects".
- "Program Socialne demokracije" (PDF). Social Democrats (Slovenia). Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "About". Nova Slovenija. Archived from the original on 9 October 2017. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Temeljna načela SLS". Slovenian People's Party. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Kosovo: early elections to be held June 8 - Politics". ANSAMed. 8 May 2014.
- Krekling, David Vojislav (27 September 2020). "Venstre går inn for at Norge skal bli medlem i EU". NRK.
- Rtv, San Marino (19 September 2013). "Congresso Psd: si cerca la mediazione su un nome che rappresenti le diverse anime". San Marino Rtv.
- Rtv, San Marino (10 September 2013). "Referendum Europa: il Ps è per il sì". San Marino Rtv.
- Rtv, San Marino (6 September 2013). "Referendum Ue: sì convinto dall'Upr". San Marino Rtv.
- "Protect Britain's place in Europe". Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Stone, Jon (25 June 2016). "Liberal Democrats pledge to keep Britain in the EU after next election". The Independent. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Mason, Rowena (14 March 2016). "Green party 'loud and proud' about backing Britain in Europe". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Carrell, Severin (3 March 2016). "Scotland to campaign officially to remain in the EU". The Guardian. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- McDonnell, Alasdair (10 June 2016). "McDonnell Brexit Address". Social Democratic and Labour Party (SDLP). Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Greer, Ross (22 February 2016). "Now is the time to fight to stay in Europe ... and to reform it from the left, not the right as Cameron plans". Green Party of Scotland. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- Walker, Sophie (26 July 2018). "Overconfident men brought us Brexit. It's not too late for women to fix it". The Guardian. Opinion. Retrieved 24 August 2018.
- Hughes, Brendan (22 February 2016). "EU referendum: Where Northern Ireland parties stand". The Irish News. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "Green Party Manifesto (2017, Westminster)" (PDF). Green Party Northern Ireland. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 August 2018. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "A reformed Europe – Policies and Manifesto". Mebyon Kernow. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "What we believe". UK European People's Party. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "Vision". Animal Welfare Party. 16 April 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2020.
- Manuela Caiani, Simona Guerra, ed. (2014). Euroscepticism, Democracy and the Media: Communicating Europe, Contesting Europe. Springer. p. 113.
- John Lloyd, Cristina Marconi, ed. (2014). Reporting the EU: News, Media and the European Institutions. Bloomsbury Publishing. p. 68. ISBN 9780857724595.
In France, the big newspapers remain pro-European, notwithstanding the large success in the polls of the anti-EU movement led by Marine Le Pen – though the main paper of the centre right, Le Figaro, is now more critical.
- Élisabeth Le, ed. (2021). Degrees of European Belonging: The fuzzy areas between us and them. John Benjamins Publishing Company. p. 37. ISBN 9789027260192.
In these circumstances, it is particularly interesting to investigate how the pro-European Le Monde constructs the concept of "Europe" (i.e. who belongs and who does not) ...
- Manuela Caiani, Simona Guerra, ed. (2014). Euroscepticism, Democracy and the Media: Communicating Europe, Contesting Europe. Springer. p. 206.
- Oireachtas, Houses of the (22 June 2016). "EU-UK Relations: Statements – Seanad Éireann (25th Seanad) – Wednesday, 22 Jun 2016 – Houses of the Oireachtas". www.oireachtas.ie.
- "[사설] 유럽을 위기로 몰아넣는 영국의 선택" [[editorial] Britain's choice drove Europe into crisis.] (in Korean). The Hankyoreh. 24 June 2016. Retrieved 26 December 2021.
결국 영국은 편협한 안목으로 탈퇴를 선택함으로써 자국을 고립의 길로 이끌고 전 세계에 걱정거리를 안기고 말았다.[Eventually, Britain chose to go out with a narrow perspective, leading its country to isolation and causing only inconvenience to the world.]
- Peter J. Anderson, Tony Weymouth, ed. (2014). Insulting the Public?: The British Press and the European Union. Routledge. p. 103. ISBN 9781317882831.
The Financial Times Having looked at two of the leading pro-European broadsheets, it is time to examine the discourse of the third, and in many ways the most pro-European, that of the Financial Times.