Prime Produce consists of two organizational bodies. One is an incorporated nonprofit that runs the co-working collective, cybernetics library, and community space in the building. The second is a cooperative that manages their building located at 424 West 54 Street.
Co-founded by Jerone Hsu, Prime Produce is listed in the Dramatists Guild directory describing itself as "support[ing] entrepreneurs, educators, and artists who share values of service and hospitality" by offering event and practice spaces. Prime Produce has hosted art exhibitions, screenings, staged readings, business networking events involving Pennsylvania's Lafayette College, and career panels for Cornell University. Since 2023, Prime Produce has hosted meetings and events presented by the local Wikipedia chapter, Wikimedia New York City.
In 2022, Jamaican eatery Cafe 424 opened for business in the cafe space on the first floor of Prime Produce serving Jamaican cuisine.
- Mangan, Sandra (2023-10-11). "Open House Weekend Explores the Inside Story of Hell's Kitchen and Beyond". W42ST. Retrieved 2023-11-05.
- Christi, A.A. (26 October 2021). "Moxie Arts NY and Prime Produce Apprentice Cooperative Present Free Filmed Play Premiere of LE CONTRAIRE DE LA SOLITUDE (OR, THE OPPOSITE OF LONELY)". Broadway World.
- "CRAFT NYC: Next Steps Farmer Panel - Harvest New York - Cornell University - Cornell Cooperative Extension".
- Ramos, José Maria. "Coworking: Challenges and Opportunities for a Prosperous and Fair New Economy" (PDF).
- Rao, Ankita (2020-11-23). "Our Cities Are Designed for Loneliness". Vice.com. Retrieved 2023-11-06.
- Schneider, Nathan (12 October 2015). "The New Guilded Age". The New Yorker.
- "Member Profile: Jerone Hsu, Co-Founder at GROW Externships". F6S.
- "Prime Produce Apprentice Cooperative". dramatistsguild.com. Retrieved 22 June 2023.
- "COMMUNITY CALENDAR, MAR 10, 2023 EXHIBITION: HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT". ny1.com.
- Wild, Stephi. "Leviathan Lab And JW Theatrical Present A Reading Of Penny Pun's (IMMIGRANTS') LOVE STORIES at Prime Produce". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2023-11-05.
- Beling, Sarah (2022-09-02). "Enjoy a Flavor of Jamaican Cuisine and Hospitality as Cafe 424 Opens in Hell's Kitchen". W42ST. Retrieved 2023-11-06.