|President of Azad Jammu & Kashmir|
|صدر آزاد جموں و کشمیر|
|Government of Azad Kashmir|
|Type||Head of state|
|Member of||Azad Kashmir Legislative Assembly|
|Residence||President House, Muzaffarabad|
|Seat||President Secretariat, Muzaffarabad|
|Appointer||Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly|
|Term length||5 years; renewable|
|Constituting instrument||Interim Constitution of Azad Kashmir|
|Precursor||Monarch of the Princely State of Jammu and Kashmir|
|Inaugural holder||Sardar Ibrahim Khan|
|Formation||24 October 1947; (75 years ago)|
|Deputy||No fixed position; however held by Speaker of Legislative Assembly in President's absence|
The president of Azad Kashmir (Urdu: صدرِ آزاد کشمیر, romanized: s̤adr-i Azād Kaṣhmīr lit. 'President of Azad Kashmir', Urdu pronunciation: [s̤ə'dr-e: a:'za:d kə'ʂmi:r]), Officially the president of the State of Azad Jammu and Kashmir is the constitutional and ceremonial head of state of Azad Kashmir.
The president is elected by the Azad Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly for term of 5 years under the provisions of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (Interim Constitution) Act, 1974.
List of presidents
- Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir
- Government of Azad Kashmir
- List of current Pakistani governors
- List of current Pakistani chief ministers
- List of chief ministers of Jammu and Kashmir
- http://ajk.gov.pk/president.php[dead link]
- World Statesmen: Azad Kashmir
- "Official Website of the Planning and Development Department of the Government of Azad Jammu and Kashmir". Archived from the original on 5 April 2017. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "PTI's Barrister Sultan Mahmood elected AJK president". Dawn (newspaper). 25 August 2021.