Wikipedia's contents: Indices
This is an index of subjects on Wikipedia. Each entry below is an alphabetical index of its respective subject area. For structured lists on these subjects, see Wikipedia:Contents/Outlines. For an alphabetical index of all articles on Wikipedia, see Wikipedia:Contents.
- Visual arts
- Performing arts
- Main index: Geography
Political divisions of World, arranged by continent or major geopolitical region:
- West Africa:
- North Africa:
- Central Africa:
- East Africa:
- Southern Africa:
- Central Asia:
- East Asia:
- Southeast Asia:
- South Asia:
- West Asia:
- Caucasus (a region considered to be in both Asia and Europe, or between them)
- Akrotiri and Dhekelia • Åland • Andorra • Armenia • Austria • Azerbaijan • Belarus • Belgium • Croatia • Cyprus • Czech Republic • Denmark • Estonia • Finland • Georgia • Germany • Greece • Guernsey • Hungary • Iceland • Ireland • Italy • Kazakhstan • Liechtenstein • Lithuania • Malta • Moldova (including disputed Transnistria) • Monaco • Portugal • San Marino • Serbia • Spain • Switzerland • Turkey • United Kingdom • Vatican City
- Greenland • Mexico • Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- United States
- U.S. administrative divisions
- Alabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • Florida • Georgia • Hawaii • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Montana • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming
- District of Columbia (Washington, D.C.)
- U.S. counties
- African American
- Asian American
- U.S. administrative divisions
- Central America:
- Anguilla • Antigua and Barbuda • Aruba • Bahamas • Barbados • Bermuda • Cayman Islands • Cuba • Dominica • Dominican Republic • Grenada • Haiti • Jamaica • Montserrat • Netherlands Antilles • Puerto Rico • Saint Barthélemy • Saint Kitts and Nevis • Saint Lucia • Saint Martin • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines • Turks and Caicos Islands • United States Virgin Islands
- Oceania: (includes the continent of Australia):
- South America:
- South Atlantic:
- See also: Biology (below)
- Main index: History
- Agriculture (Fishing, Forestry, Gardening) • Arts (Dance, Music, Painting) • Construction • Computing • Firefighting • Journalism • Management • Politics • Recycling • Science, branches of • Sex • Surfing • Underwater diving
Impact of human activity
- Anatomy • Biochemistry • Cognitive science • Evolutionary biology • Genetics • Health and fitness • Immunology • Molecular biology • Neurobiology
- By period
- Branches of philosophy – Aesthetics • Ethics • Epistemology • Logic • Metaphysics
- Subdisciplines of philosophy – Philosophy of language • Philosophy of law • Philosophy of mind • Philosophy of politics • Philosophy of religion • Philosophy of science •
- Main index: Religion
- Cognitive science
- Home automation
- Chemical engineering
- Kazakhstan is sometimes considered a transcontinental country in Central Asia and Eastern Europe; population and area figures are for Asian portion only.
- The state is commonly known as simply "China", which is subsumed by the eponymous entity and civilization (China).
- Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of PRC.
- Macau is a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of PRC.
- Under the de facto control of Republic of China (ROC) government, commonly referred to as Taiwan. Claimed in whole by the PRC; see political status of Taiwan.
- Excludes Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands (Australian external territories in the Indian Ocean southwest of Indonesia).
- General Population Census of Cambodia 2008 - Provisional population totals, National Institute of Statistics, Ministry of Planning, released 3rd September, 2008
- East Timor is often considered a transcontinental country in Southeastern Asia and Oceania.
- Indonesia is often considered a transcontinental country in Southeastern Asia and Oceania
- Armenia is sometimes considered a transcontinental country: physiographically in Western Asia, it has historical and sociopolitical connections with Europe.
- Azerbaijan is often considered a transcontinental country in Western Asia and Eastern Europe; population and area figures are for Asian portion only. Figures include Nakhchivan, an autonomous exclave of Azerbaijan bordered by Armenia, Iran, and Turkey.
- The island of Cyprus is sometimes considered a transcontinental territory: in the Eastern Basin of Mediterranean Sea south of Turkey, it has historical and socio-political connections with Europe. However, the U.N. considers Cyprus to be in Western Asia, while the C.I.A. considers it to be in the Middle East.
- Georgia is often considered a transcontinental country in Western Asia and Eastern Europe; population and area figures are for the Asian portion only.
- Turkey is generally considered a transcontinental country in Western Asia and Southern Europe; population and area figures are for Asian portion only, excluding all of Istanbul.
- The use and scope of this term varies. The UN designation for this subregion is "Australia and New Zealand."
- Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands are Australian external territories in the Indian Ocean southwest of Indonesia.
- Excludes parts of Indonesia, island territories in Southeast Asia (UN region) frequently reckoned in this region.
- Indonesia is generally considered a territory of Southeastern Asia (UN region); wholly or partially, it is also frequently included in Australasia or Melanesia. Figures include Indonesian portion of New Guinea (Irian Jaya) and Maluku Islands.